Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The American Vacation Tour - Trophy Eyes / Seaway / Microwave / Can’t Swim / Hot Mulligan Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Sep 6, 2018.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

If they are playing to half empty venues now, I doubt they are going to be bigger in a year than they are now lol I would definitely blame people leaving on the lackluster response to the new album.

emlantzy likes this.
  2. rbarlyo

wawa defender

wait yoooo i did. i was in the incendiary shirt and snapback ahah

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Creepy side note, I just realized your name sounds so familiar because I follow you on Instagram haha.

rbarlyo likes this.
  4. I also saw you lol

rbarlyo likes this.
  5. rbarlyo

wawa defender

oh shit lmao my rbarlyo account is deadly inactive im usually only on my personal now !!

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I follow that too lmao I’m shapeupstandtall, I found you through vinyl originally hahah

rbarlyo likes this.
  7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Surprised to hear people aren't sticking around for Trophy Eyes. The Toronto date last night was Seaway's annual holiday show so they closed but the venue was packed for Trophy Eyes and people were going off and singing along for the entire set.

Must be a commonwealth thing.

rbarlyo likes this.
  8. cameoutswingin

Regular

With a co headline, the earlier slot is probably the "better" slot. Some people will always leave after they see the band they want to see

9. I thought they both had a great response on Saturday but like at least 30 people left after Microwave

10. SPine

Trusted

Is Seaway closing the Cleveland show?

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yep

12. zack33107

Regular

This is a vast understatement, I stood in the merch area and it was a steady stream of people out
    I think the popularity of microwave coupled with people being able to get out of their at a reasonable time and proceed with their saturday really showed

13. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'm just hoping Hot Mulligan isn't playing to like 10 people since they're on first. Still surprised that they're opening these shows, but I assume it was booked a while ago.

ryanfears likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Honestly each band on this could headline the these shows

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah each band on this is capable of doing their own headliner. Which makes it extra surprising that these shows haven't all been selling out.

rbarlyo likes this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Trophy Eyes not playing Counting Sheep & Nose Bleed is so dumb

17. SPine

Trusted

I love Seaway. Trophy Eyes were good but didn't really make me like The American Dream any better. Microwave ruled

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah last night was awesome. The walk out after Microwave was surprising and the walk out after Trophy Eyes was upsetting but Seaway still had a decent crowd and I had a ton of fun

Microwave probably stole the show but Seaway was also great. Trophy Eyes really got worse live I feel

19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

These just aren’t the bands Microwave needs to be touring with

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

100% agree

21. SPine

Trusted

Yeah Trophy Eyes were so good last year but the new stuff wasn't great live

22. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I was under the impression that all these bands pretty much share the same crowd base. I know MW sounds a bit different than the rest but still, it's the same "scene".

BTW one of the things i like best about MW shows is looking at people the never seen them before when the heavy part of Vomit hits. I wish i could hear it for the first time again :tear:

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I just don't understand the use of the tracks it's so lame lol

24. Kellan Dec 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2018)
    Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Stovall on vinyl is $20.

agreed that they are the outlier on this tour, even though I like all the bands on it. I’ve seen Hot Mulligan like five times in Chicago this year. I wish they would play anything off their first two EPs.

And yeah at 26 I feel fucking old at this show.

rbarlyo likes this.