Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The American Vacation Tour - Trophy Eyes / Seaway / Microwave / Can’t Swim / Hot Mulligan Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Sep 6, 2018.

1. darkstorms139

Regular

The guy in the thrasher hoodie? I didn't see him get kicked out, but I did see people around the pit get sick of him pretty quickly.

2. darkstorms139

Regular

Same, I wasn't really into it at first listen but it grew on me. This is coming from someone who wasn't a fan of them before because I thought John's vocals sounded way too rough on the other albums. Also got me into Chemical Miracle too so there's that.

3. monrovian

Went to the philly show last night for seaway and trophy eyes. I love TE's newest album so it was awesome hearing a majority of the songs off it. Had to call it early though because it seemed like the co-headliners went on late? Anyone know what was up with that?

rbarlyo likes this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

They've been going on insanely late at some shows and normal times at others. Very weird set times this tour.

5. cameoutswingin

Regular

Could this every be because of a venue? Like give the artists an incentive to go on later so they stay open longer (for as long as they paying their employees for) to make more bar money?

6. rbarlyo

wawa defender

seaway got in an accident on the way to the venue and everything was pushed back a half hour

7. Can Seaway go one (1) US tour without something bad happening to them

restoring4s and meggers like this.
  8. Steven c

Yes

They ok omg

9. emlantzy

Regular

They really do have the worst luck when they tour here

rbarlyo and ryanfears like this.
  10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The venues in Portland basically shove you out as soon as the show is over so hopefully this won’t be a problem for me haha.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol I remember when wonder years were at wonder last I wanted to go and have a quick smoke in between the last song and the encore and they had already closed downstairs. It’s ridiculous.

12. darkstorms139

Regular

This happened to me at a Wonder Years show in DC back in September. Security was yelling for people to leave probably because there were a couple stage divers during their last song, when the venue was very strict about no crowdsurfing or divers (lame).

13. cameoutswingin

Regular

Hot Mulligan pushed up to 5:35 tonight in NY, doors at 5

14. zack33107

Regular

Anyone have a lead on one ticket for tonight...didnt realize my friend thought I bought his and now the favebook event is filled with bots

15. Great show tonight but the crowd was weird. Some drunk violent asshole straight up knocked a girl out and got thrown out during Seaway. Also, Microwave had the biggest crowd. People cleared out before Trophy Eyes and by the time Seaway came on the venue was really empty.

16. Joshua

Regular

Seems pretty normal for this tour, in philly cant swim had a packed in crowd, a row of people left before microwave but still very full, it started to clear out after them and by the time trophy eyes came on it was half full

17. atlas

Trusted

I am extremely here for Microwave somehow being the most popular band on this bill

paperlung and rbarlyo like this.
  18. darkstorms139

Regular

Microwave definitely had the most people watching them in DC as well, and they might have had the best crowd reaction next to Seaway. Good for them.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Microwave has the best slot on this lineup.

20. rbarlyo

wawa defender

sad fact was i was microwave's only surfer but 1 in nyc was a better number than philly's whopping 0

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like this should have been a Seaway headliner, but I'm assuming this tour was in place before Trophy Eyes new album bombed. Honestly feel bad for Trophy Eyes because that probably would have benefited them more than playing to half empty crowds.

22. Did you see me fall on my ass on stage with Seaway I was wearing a Boston Manor long sleeve

23. Mtlman1331

Trusted

To be fair FU Church isn’t really a venue that works for crowd surfing,small, low stage, super low ceilings.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really nervous about people leaving before Seaways set in Cleveland. They never really drew super well here but they also haven’t played here in about a year and a half so maybe they’re bigger now lol

Trophy Eyes always does well here but I feel like they lost steam on American Dream

25. mikeb1124

Regular

Trophy Eyes' album bombed? Pretty confident they will be MUCH bigger than Seaway and 95% of the bands in the scene within a year.