Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The American Vacation Tour - Trophy Eyes / Seaway / Microwave / Can’t Swim / Hot Mulligan Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

For me it more seems like the audience is gonna be really young? Can someone alleviate my concerns on this? I don't know three of these bands, mostly going for Microwave and Trophy Eyes.

2. Joshua

Regular

probably alot of late teens early 20's, I know a handful of people going tomorrow are in that age range at least

3. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I went with a friend to this tour last Friday, mainly for Hut Mulligan (watch them even if you haven't really heard about them, they are about to get big) and Microwave.

After Microwave's set my friend started making out with a random girl in the venue so i decided that it would be a good time to sit outside for a good 20 minutes. Came back for Seaway and went outside again between them and Trophy Eyes set.

The show was in Atlanta, which is Microwave's hometown and when they played the place was PACKED but by the time Trophy Eyes started it was half empty.

I decided to give my friend some space with that girl so i just ended up sitting somewhere on the balcony and enjoying the rest of the show.

4. I’m going with my gf and my 2 best friends and we’re all 17-18, seems pretty typical

5. SPine

Trusted

I feel old at 25 going to this show

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This just means the bar will be empty which is all that matters

blinxspot and SPine like this.
  7. SPine

Trusted

True

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

I've been seeing Seaway since I was 18 and now I'm 23, so it's felt a little weird as time has gone on. Still a fun show regardless and plus Microwave rules.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  9. All of you should check out Hot Mulligan's new record Pilot. They play first.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t think about that. Oregon makes venues segregate completely between all ages and 21+ areas so I think it won’t be so weird.

11. Localman

Regular

Really excited for the undercard on this tour, big fan of all three openers. Gonna have to haul ass after work so I don't miss Hot Mulligan lol

12. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I gotta say that i am a casual fan of Microwave and i was disappointed with their set.

A lot of songs in the set were pretty laid back and lacking energy. Their new song "keeping up" basically put half the crowd to sleep, even though it was a rabid hometown crowd. They only played one song from Stovall, too. I saw them a few months back opening for Jimmy Eat World and their set back then was much better. Playing with high energy bands like Seaway and Hot Mulligan didn't help either.

13. rbarlyo

wawa defender

sad they aren't playing the title track. no setlist will beat their headlining tour that they did last summer alongside cant swim

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Microwave has too many staples, An ideal set would have to look something like this:

Stovall
    Grass Stains
    Something Right
    Trash Stains
    But Not Often
    Lighterless
    Dull
    Busy
    Vomit

And then I guess since it's a new single Keeping Up

15. I'm fine with this set since it's SO different than the other two times I've seen them. Plus Labor Day is my favorite Microwave song.

16. darkstorms139

Regular

Tonight in DC was really fun. All the bands were fantastic. Hot Mulligan's crowd was a small one, but very energetic. It's no doubt in my mind they're going places soon. Can't Swim's crowd was bigger and happy that there was a pit going this time, seeing as all the other times I've seen them it's been standstill crowds. Microwave's crowd was surprisingly very energetic, a giant pit broke out at the end of Vomit...another band whose crowds have always been standstill here except for tonight. It was a very nice surprise for both bands. Seaway's crowd was nuts too, I stage dived at one point but I got dropped when I dove back into the crowd...good times. Wish they played more older stuff because I would've loved to hear Freak or Your Best Friend, but it was still fun. Trophy Eyes' crowd was half full since half left after Seaway. Energetic, but kinda sad it wasn't too much of a crowd. Guess it had to do with them playing late and there being more people for Seaway this time than TE. Overall, it was a great night and another fun show.

lindsaylove081 and rbarlyo like this.
  17. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Same thing happened in Atlanta, by the time TE were on half the crowd went home and it was on a Friday.

18. Hot Mulligan tweeted that New York is one of the few exceptions where they play a full hour after doors, so they won't go on until 6.

rbarlyo likes this.
  19. darkstorms139

Regular

It's weird because TE headlined DC about this time last year at a sold out show and the crowd was one of the craziest I've seen. I wonder what happened this time, I do know a lot of people I knew who liked them weren't at this show.

20. Localman

Regular

Did you see the drunk dude in the pit get kicked out during Seaway??

21. emlantzy

Regular

After their newest album I'm not surprised people are leaving

rbarlyo likes this.
  22. lindsaylove081

Regular

I totally missed what happened last night with that.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Because it’s so fun and they can’t handle it? Honestly the only one of their albums that I really like.

ryanfears likes this.
  24. emlantzy

Regular

That's so interesting to me because I think it's so bland, I guess everyone has different ears

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I hated it at first but I dig it now. Definitely doesn't touch Chemical Miracle though