Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Almost Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattsayward, May 4, 2016.

1. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I never really fully caught up on everything with Underoath no longer being Christian and such. Was it also Aaron who is no longer a Christian?

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Some are, some aren't, and for some it's complicated.

I am pretty sure it's just Aaron and Spencer who I believe are now atheists?

Kevin360 likes this.
  3. I really like this

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I dig this more than a good chunk of Erase Me

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  5. Ronald.

Trusted

sonder likes this.
  6. DesolateEarth

Birb

Wasn't that into the last album but this sounds really promising.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

FYI he's released two more singles since Chokehold

8. DesolateEarth

Birb

And all three songs rule! Can't wait for this album!

9. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Totally agree with this. I still find myself coming back to the album, but only for a handful of songs.

10. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Love all three of these. This was not on my radar at all. Glad it is now. Cheers.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. DesolateEarth

Birb

I still really like southern weather but monster monster is definitely the better album.

12. irthesteve

I think Southern Weather is still his best, but Monster Monster is great. Southern Weather just has this really cool feel and vibe since he played every instrument himself. The drumming particularly is really great, but the songwriting and message feels fully Aaron if that makes any sense

13. Here we go

14. I Want It Real's chord progression is so 90's. Already one of the best songs he's ever put out.

15. irthesteve

Out tomorrow already? oh man

16. This feels more like an evolution of Monster Monster's style than I expected so far. I'm so happy he revived this project and hope it won't be the last we hear of it.

17. J12

Trusted Supporter

I expected more people to be chatting about this. On my first listen now, I'm digging it. The Almost has always been very hit or miss for me. Love Underoath, love Aaron, and love a lot of The Almost songs, but never really a full album.

18. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Really digging this album. Can’t wait for the tour.

Really wish we could get Monster Monster on vinyl at some point in life.

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

Listening to this right now. Really solid so far. Already like it a lot more than Fear Inside Our Bones.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Okay yeah this is really great actually. I love the energy and the whole vibe of the album.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the album, but feel like most of it sounded the same.

22. Yeah my one criticism is it is very samey. I'll have to relisten but in the middle of it, there are two songs next to each others that share the exact same chord progressions in their respective choruses, one of them being in a lower key though but it stood out anyway.

Micool1 likes this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

I really like this. I agree it can all blend into one but I do really like the songs and I'm excited to actually sit down and listen to this. Problem is that there's been more albums this week than I anticipated and I don't know if I'll be returning back any time soon.

24. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I tried to listen to this yesterday but I am in full Jimmy Eat World mode right now.

still excited for this and will eventually return to it.

25. irthesteve

This is a plesant listen! A nice return to form for sure, def better than the last one

Petit nain des Îles likes this.