Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Almost Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattsayward, May 4, 2016.

1. mattsayward

I'm revisiting Fear Inside Our Bones and quite enjoying it.

The chorus of the first track 'Ghost' reminds me of something so much, might be an older Foos track or something. Does anyone else get a vibe like that from it?

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I used to really like The Almost, the only album that has stuck with me at all is Monster Monster though. First album feels very unfocused, and unsure. And Fear Inside Our Bones just never really connected with me, the production could have been done a lot better, and most of the songs don't really have much I feel like returning to.

3. bodkins

Trusted

Ghost for sure reminds me of Foo, not sure if I could pinpoint a specific song, but general vibe, totally. Wore the crap out of my copy of Southern Weather when it just dropped. Monster Monster was solid, but I just leaned into diggin SW more. FIOB failed to connect as well, as much as I admire the approach to the album.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Sadly, I believe Aaron mentioned FIOB failing to connect with anyone as the biggest reason he's kind of discontinued the band. It's been a few years since I played it, so maybe it's time I gave it another shot.

5. bodkins

Trusted

Yea I believe he said something along those lines in the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast. Couple of gems on that record. Almost bought the vinyl the other day, it's like 12 bucks or there about on Amazon.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

That's actually kind of tempting with my free prime shipping.

7. bodkins

Trusted

That's what I'm thinking. I may snag it in honor of this thread ha.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Southern Weather still has some jams.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I would totally get Southern Weather on vinyl. That album still rules 10 years later.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

YES!! I’m playing it now

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Southern Weather has a few good songs but some very average ones too.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

Southern Weather and Monster Monster are still solid. FIOB didn't connect with me either.

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

With The Almost being on the new Punk Goes Acoustic, does this mean it's being brought back? I'd love another album from them.

14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I hope so, this project had some absolutely fantastic tunes

"Monster" (the six-minute one) still gives me chills

waking season likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006 Aug 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2019)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Southern Weather would have been really great as an EP.

Monster Monster feel more of an "album". I remember when it came out I bought a pre-order at hot topic I think that came with a blank CDR and a download code so I could burn the album months later when it came out. Never saw that again done again.

It also had a "Monster EP" with a few tracks from the album and b-sides.

As with others Fear didn't connect with me at all. I tried to revisit it multiple times and just can't get through it. I'd be up for more music though.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

some of those Monster Monster b-sides absolutely slap, especially "Birmingham" and "Me and Alone"

I think all three albums have great individual songs and filler. FIOB definitely has the most filler but "Ghost" is still an absolute jam

17. bodkins

Trusted

New album “Fear Caller” coming out October 18th via Fearless. Opening track is streaming.

beachdude and Micool1 like this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

bodkins and beachdude like this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I dig this a lot

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is pretty good. I would love to hear another album in the vein of Monster Monster since I wasn't really a fan of FIOB but I doubt that is happening.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Is he back to being alone in the band? That's what the facebook account picture seems to be suggesting.

22. Ronald.

Trusted

I bet he had a batch of songs that he presented to Fearless and they wanted him to put them under “The Almost” instead of his solo project. He said he had a batch of songs ready a while back for his solo work. All the comments on socials are very positive that The Almost is back. Looks like they made the right choice.

23. Ronald.

Trusted

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. That was quite unexpected!

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really debating getting this vinyl or not... damnit