The Almost Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattsayward, May 4, 2016.

1. mattsayward

I'm revisiting Fear Inside Our Bones and quite enjoying it.

The chorus of the first track 'Ghost' reminds me of something so much, might be an older Foos track or something. Does anyone else get a vibe like that from it?

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I used to really like The Almost, the only album that has stuck with me at all is Monster Monster though. First album feels very unfocused, and unsure. And Fear Inside Our Bones just never really connected with me, the production could have been done a lot better, and most of the songs don't really have much I feel like returning to.

3. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

Ghost for sure reminds me of Foo, not sure if I could pinpoint a specific song, but general vibe, totally. Wore the crap out of my copy of Southern Weather when it just dropped. Monster Monster was solid, but I just leaned into diggin SW more. FIOB failed to connect as well, as much as I admire the approach to the album.

4. sponsor
  5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Sadly, I believe Aaron mentioned FIOB failing to connect with anyone as the biggest reason he's kind of discontinued the band. It's been a few years since I played it, so maybe it's time I gave it another shot.

6. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

Yea I believe he said something along those lines in the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast. Couple of gems on that record. Almost bought the vinyl the other day, it's like 12 bucks or there about on Amazon.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

That's actually kind of tempting with my free prime shipping.

8. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

That's what I'm thinking. I may snag it in honor of this thread ha.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. Garrett L.

already there Moderator

Southern Weather still has some jams.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Someday I’ll find me. Prestigious

I would totally get Southern Weather on vinyl. That album still rules 10 years later.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Supporter

YES!! I’m playing it now

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Southern Weather has a few good songs but some very average ones too.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. DesolateEarth

"Numbness engulfs truth, let bygones be bygones"

Southern Weather and Monster Monster are still solid. FIOB didn't connect with me either.