Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The All-American Rejects Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Very into both songs

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wow, really love both songs. Close your eyes is beautiful.

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Digging both songs

5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Sweat is OK... Close Your Eyes is very good. The videos for both songs are great.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Jury is still out on how I feel about the songs (initial feeling is Close your eyes is pretty good and Sweat is OK) but the video is so cool. Real awesome. Gives me Black Mirror vibes, especially at the end. I don't know why.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tyson's voice sounds great but I hate change and it's gonna take some getting used to

8. sukottokairu

Regular

That video was really interesting, do you guys think that the part where he was paying all of the people was a literal thing that happened, or more of a metaphorical dream about how he feels about being rich and people being around him for only that reason?

9. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

both new songs are great

love the single art/video too

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Tyson did a Facebook Live with the director of the video and said the video is mostly about a rich guy living out his fantasies from his 'boring life' which is pretty much how I took it to be.

Also, said on this upcoming tour they'll be playing "four to five" new songs.

11. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Davjs likes this.
  12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Good stuff

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Still don't like that chorus at all which is a shame. Also very curious when we're getting news about the album.

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This band confuses me. Coming on close to 6 years since the last album and everything about it seems so odd? "There's a Place" was promising in 2015 but that wasn't for an album, and then they toured in 2016 playing that terrible "DGAF" which they surprisingly never released, and now they released 2 singles in July with no word on when the album is coming. What's going on?

Davjs, SpyKi and Kuri44 like this.
  15. Kuri44

And Tyson even had some solo thing going on at one point

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty sure Tyson said they were releasing the next 2 songs around Christmas. But an album was not done.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not sure what's going on with AAR...they released two songs last summer then nothing. Then said they were going to release 2 more around Xmas then nothing. Now Tyson says they aren't even recording?

Very strange.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Plus there was the whole “DGAF” single they were going to release in 2016 (thank god they didn’t). I’m not sure what’s going on with this band

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Those songs were great too. There was talk that they were going to be on an album that was very visual, yeah?

20. I’m more interested in this anniversary of the first album

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't remember if there was ever talk of them doing another full length LP. I do remember Tyson talking about doing a series of two song EPs with the second series being released before Xmas, which never happened. The thought was each song on the EP would be wildly different than the other.

We're now almost into March - and nearly 6-7 years since their last album - so I'd say their future of making new music is bleak. Sounds like some anniversary shows are coming though.

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They were talking about how their album had guitars on it a few months ago no?

23. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Re-listening to When the World Comes Down today and it's way better than I remembered it being. Just real solid pop-rock. Also, Another Heart Calls might be their best song.

BackyardHero11 and SpyKi like this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Love that song but it's honestly the only song I return to on that album. Not a fan.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Another Heart Calls is easily my favorite of theirs at this point.