Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The All-American Rejects Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. i didn't even know that album existed

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Get acquainted. It's their best moment

3. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Looks like they are beginning to tease. I hope they don't bother releasing that song they were playing last Summer.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha, I already posted that

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

There's A Place was pretty good. KITS was fantastic. DGAF is abysmal.

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

AAR and dashboard are touring together?

7. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

My bad! Forgot to check the thread before posting!

8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Should I know anything by Dashboard COnfessional? Big hits?

9. Listening to Kids In The Street. Tyson sounds a lot like Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees at times.

10. RonandTammy

Regular

Fucking All American Rejects, probably one of my favorite albums from that time period.

11. that first album was my jaaaaam! "your star" was solid.

12. RonandTammy

Regular

Yea their first album, I stopped listening to them after that.

Don't get me started on some of these early 2000's pop-rock/emo-ish bands, there are so goddamn many that are great.

13. preach it!

i stopped listening after the first album too. my younger brother liked their second album a lot, so i heard that one a fair amount.

14. RonandTammy

Regular

Riding Bikes, The Higher, Cartel (pre-Chroma), just to name a few.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

First two albums are where it's at for sure with their first being the better one. I wonder what young me would think in the mist of my AAR fandom if I somehow was able to see the future and hear Gives You Hell. Heartbreaking what they became.

16. RonandTammy

Regular

You guys remember the first Boys Like Girls EP? There was a strong similarity between them and AAR.

Davjs likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Kids in the Street is their best album for sure imo with Move Along in second. Not sure whether I like their first or third album more.

Jesse West and JRGComedy like this.
  18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Move Along was actually the first album I ever bought, for my tenth birthday.

19. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

The self-titled hasn't aged well at all for me. The Last Song is still great, though.

20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Why do I think to put AAR, all time low, etc into the same genre, the same kinda bee bops.

I can't remember in the 80s having the same style of music to listen to (when I was a teen in the 80s we had smiths, echo, cure, joy division/new order/depeche mode) - it wasn't so pop punk, it was more 'dark', to me.....

21. RonandTammy

Regular

All Time Low is different, they're probably the best example of pop-punk, especially back then.

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I would put the Goo Goo Dolls in the same category now too.

23. RonandTammy

Regular

Remember SR-71? Same shit, haha.