Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The All-American Rejects Tease New Single; Talk New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The All-American Rejects are teasing a new single called “Sweat.” Lead singer Tyson Ritter sat down with Billboard to talk about the band’s upcoming album and what’s next for the band:

That’s all about to change. A pair of new songs — “Sweat” and “Close Your Eyes” — are due July 7, with their fifth full-length looming in the fall. We hopped on the phone with Ritter to get all the details: the benefits of pressing pause and ignoring outside pressures on your art, learning to love writing again, and returning to the project you’ve been wielding since adolescence.

And:

It’s not going to be the same Rejects record because it never is, if you’ve listened to one of our records. This time, to me, the visual offering is so important. The last five years of learning my craft as an actor and really developing that side of being a visual artist in that way has made me realize how important that really is — to put the eyes to the ears. This is going to be more of a visual experience. This record is going to be about your eyes and the headphones.

2. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm in. I wonder what direction they'll head to with this release.

3. aniafc

Trusted

Hopefully a good one this time

4. thebencarter

That video looks insane - can't wait! Loved KITS and finally just got into WTWCD

Turkeylegz and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I really wanna love this.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Guessing it'll be electronic heavy? Also, this and Homecoming on the same day? WOOH

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Keep the formula going and make each album better than the last. I love the last one so much so it'll be hard

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

That's great he want to focus on visuals, but if the music isn't good it won't really matter...

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I feel like KITS would make for a really good "visual" album. All the synths and sounds and different moods brought a lot of cool mental images, which were different for each song. I hope this lives up to what he's saying.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Typically I wouldn't be too excited for a visual album, but that trailer has got me stoked! Plus Tyson and co. are a talented bunch of peeps, so I have a lot of faith in this.

11. Implying KITS isn't a great record??

Bryan Diem likes this.
  12. KITS is my favorite.

Turkeylegz, Bryan Diem and BigMouth like this.
  13. aniafc

Trusted

No no, it's a good record. I'm referring to that "DGAF" song or whatever from last summer

14. Madmod

Lurking

I am surprised it didn't end up as a single. It was catchy as hell live. I wonder if they are hoping for large radio play.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

One of the worst songs I've ever heard easily

zporter92 and aniafc like this.
  16. Madmod

Lurking

Have you listened to 3OH!3's latest. That album was pure shit.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What do people think about how Affection comes after Gonzo on LOTS? it shouldn't work on paper but it always feels so right