Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The All-American Rejects Release New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Myles Griffin

I'm stoked to FINALLY have "Gen Why? (DGAF)" after them playing it live for years.

3. I think I will always enjoy Tyson's voice

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Meh. Not loving this.

5. defmytones

Regular

“Smokin ciggies in the car with the windows up”

This is bad for them. They can write so much better.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Rawrz

Regular

Havnt enjoyed anything since Move Along.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t like this much at all, sadly.

8. MacbethSin

Regular

9. Hunter Norman

Regular

Don't really think he was in anyone's business. Artists people watch a lot and make narratives when their interests are piqued. Don't get any bitterness from it

10. I'm not finding it on Apple music. I'll try again later, I suppose.

Also, lol. There are a LOT of songs out there that are inspired by vignettes of a stranger's life.

11. jeff.dart

Regular

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

I couldn't find it via search this morning, but when I clicked the link from their twitter, it took me right to it

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

DGAF is as terrible as I remember it being live on the Blink tour

14. Thanks, I'll try that!

15. MacbethSin

Regular

My daddy hates me, momma loves me
    Gives me all my daddy's money
    What's a day job? What's a pay check?
    Got myself a line of credit
    Put my boyfriend on my tab
    You can just give me the cash

Writing THAT about a stranger you saw in passing is lame as fuck

I'm amazed they didn't mention avocado toast while they were in this "what if the song is just a list of tired millennial stereotypes" headspace

laraheart likes this.
  16. AMC

Regular

It's on YouTube

17. Fair/thanks/good to know, but I'll be real - I probably won't listen if I can't listen in the car, and I never have data.

Thus, me commenting about Apple music.

AMC likes this.
  18. Also, the song’s not very good, but it’s clearly (as said in that interview) supposed to be massively tongue in cheek.

laraheart and Anna Acosta like this.
  19. Hunter Norman

Regular

Genuinely asking : would you have a problem with those lyrics if it was a completely imagined narrative with imagined characters besides the fact that they're just not great lyrics? Sometimes you see something in real life and it's Sparks an idea about what that person is and that sends you down a trail of coming up with a full-blown narrative. I really just don't see how this is a bitter person looking at a younger millennial and dragging in through the mud in a song. It is admittedly supposed to be tongue in cheek so the lyrics obviously aren't winning any awards here, but I guess I just don't see this bitterness and lameness in the sense of it being about someone that he saw on the street

20. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

yikes - I thought the lyrics were whatever, but assumed they were mostly ‘just because’ songs. there’s a point to where things are blatantly offensive, however it seems there’s a disconnect of what is simply being human. We’re all f - ups, and it’s okay to point it out.

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

4 years and all we got was this garbage? Those lyrics (especially the first one) are downright AWFUL. Elementary in rhyming (died at the 7-11 line). Jesus... their last two songs (what was that, 2014?) were so good... what the hell happened?

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

Sweat and Close Your Eyes came out in 2017

BelieF likes this.