Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The All-American Rejects and Dashboard Confessional Song Swap • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2017.

1. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Hands Down gets me every time, but that cover lost me as soon as Tyson started singing. Interesting arrangement but his vocal delivery just doesn't work for me.

Brent likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

I really really wanted to like these, but I didn't dig the electronic slowed down version both tried. Not to say slowing it down can't work, TBS's cover of "She" by Greenday was fantastic. Oh well, still a fun thing for the band to do for fans.

Completely agree, that would have been a lot better of a choice.

Raku likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The DC one is bad. At least he put in a bit more effort than when he covered NFG.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I didn't like like either of these.

At least the bands sounded good on the tour

Davjs likes this.
  5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I was kinda surprised to hear a few moments of his vocals as well. Parts reminded me of how Dustin from Thrice sings on To Be Everywhere, but... not good.

As far as AAR's song, I actually really liked it. I think they did a good job with the direction they took it.

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Dashboard's cover is just boring (same some, slightly tweaked, different vocals). And AAR's cover is just plain bad. That was a bit disappointing.