Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by BTDandFeelingThis, Jun 25, 2019.
Placeholder. Starting 06/27!
Haven't really listened to anything from them recently but I'm here for this
These bracket games are a great way to rediscover the bands imo
@trevorshmevor may want to play on this one!
Count me in!
This should be an interesting one. Always liked a lot of their music but have never taken a deep dive.
I’m looking forward to this one!
Goodness. I haven’t listened to this band in many years. I was obsessed with their first album album in high school. Loved the second too.
Into this one. I actually love most of their stuff.
Here for it
The pencil keeper has returned
WHERE ARE THE BRACKETS??????
ARE THEY TOO FAR GONE??? MY PAPER HEART CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER, I CAN'T TAKE IT. I HOPE THEY DIDN'T DRIVE AWAY. PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND AND POST THEM. I'M WAITING. I WANNA START NOW BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'VE GONE OUT THE DOOR.
I like that most of these are from their two best albums and only one reference to one that is "eh"
It’s time to begin!!
For those who are new to the concept, these are randomly generated brackets (no seeding!) where we go from album to album and put the songs from an album against each other. We vote on each matchups until we have a winner for each albums. Those songs will then face off in a Champions bracket to decide the best overall All American Rejects song! Same rules as the other brackets:
1. Voting will take place over 10-24 hour period, depending on how close the matches are (ifthere's a wide margin too far to beat, the roundmay be run ruled to not waste time).
2. You must vote on every match in a round. If you don't, your votes don't count. Just reply to this thread with your choices. I will not voteunless there is a tie needed to be broken.
3. Feel free to discuss why you chose one song over the other and why you like that song.It'swhat keeps these fun!
4. I avoid byes into rounds if I can, but sometimes it's necessary. These are randomly generated; Ido not pick them.
5. Once your votes are counted, there are no vote changes. Choose wisely before posting!
6. The @Kingjohn_654 Rule: Only participate if you've heard these songs. You are welcome to look them up and listen before hand, but if there's evidence you haven't heard them before or you're just voting to help/hurt a song your votes will not count.
And the most important rule of them all : Have fun and stay respectful of each other and their opinions.
If things get too hateful and cruel I will discount your votes and reserve the right to not count you for future rounds.
If things get THAT heated over TAARs, I think that would be pretty funny though tbh
so....where are the songs?
We make up our own bracket.
I vote only for "Don't Leave Me". That wins it all. Good game my dudes, it was a blast.
THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS
Your Star Vs. Swing, Swing
Too Far Gone Vs. Time Stands Still
My Paper Heart Vs. Don’t Leave Me
Drive Away Vs. The Cigarette Song
Winner of 1 Vs. One More Sad Song
Winner of 2 Vs. Happy Endings
Winner Of 3 Vs. The Last Song
Winner of 4 Vs. Why Worry
I was senior in HS when this album came out...and right around the time this album came out - before my friends and I had ever heard of them - we were at Hot Topic and at the checkout line, they were selling this CD in a paper sleeve...not even an actual case. It was like $5 or $6 so we bought a few and took a chance on it.
I actually have terrible memories associated with this album so don't go back to it much.
Too Far Gone
Oh wow, a pretty balanced and difficult first round.
-Your Star (pretty hard but I think the bridge for Your Star gives it the extra bump, esp when it goes all piano and builds up)
-Too Far Gone (both softer tracks matched up huh? Time Stands Still maybe is more played by me, but Too Far Gone is objectivity a better song. The awesome guitar picking in the opening, the way the instruments all come in and that jam bridge with the strings)
-Don’t Leave Me (this one hurt a bit)
Too Far Gone-2
Time Stands Still-0
My Paper Heart-1
Don’t Leave Me-1
The Cigarette Song-0