Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Affair TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I liked the premier. Even when there are “holes” in the narrative now I could follow these characters wherever at this point.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4 episodes in and I gotta admit that I am enjoying the Noah & Helen season way more than expected. I obviously love Alison and Cole, but the show is doing very well with the new structure. The Joanie future stuff is a bit cheesy in parts, but overall I'm actually interested in what she's doing

3. Jusscali

See I think the opposite. I’m bored and I hate spending time with the newer characters. There isn’t enough time left to invest. I miss Cole dearly.

4. irthesteve

Wow that one was brutal

5. Jusscali

Behind one. Damn.

6. irthesteve

holy shit, what an episode

7. Jusscali

Well...they needed to start cooking eventually. Two more?

8. irthesteve

2 more

9. Jusscali

Two unreal episodes heading into tonight wow

10. irthesteve

Jesus Christ what an ending, they really pulled it off. So much crying here tonight

11. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Yeah the final two episodes were really quite impressive.

everything Joanie was terrible but I’ll forgive it.

12. irthesteve

I woudnt say the Joanie stuff was terrible, but in the end I think the show realized they didn't actually need it.

That being said, I can totally understand the mindset of wanting to bring in that storyline with a new lead character after TWO leads leave the show at the same time, the feeling of needing to fill a void is real. But I think you can tell, as the season went on, the show realized that all they really needed was Noah and Helen, they could fill the season themselves.

Anyway, they totally nailed the landing, thankfully

13. Jusscali

Never got around to see the actual finale finale, but will do it over this upcoming break. I really thought the entire Joanie storyline took away from things a bit, though.

14. Jusscali

I think I fucking hated/minutely enjoyed how this ended. It was like yay, eye roll, yay, eye roll, eye roll, yay...if that makes sense. Joanie really detracted from my enjoyment.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  16. irthesteve

Yikes, that is not good

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was really worried when she left that something bad was going on, but that article is just awful.

18. irthesteve