Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Accountant (Gavin O'Connor, October 14th 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 12, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

A ton of good movies recently have gotten smashed by critics, I'm not sure why RT would sway anyone anymore. The cast and director have me excited, I'll for sure be checking this out. I really liked Pride and Glory and Warrior and I mean....Affleck, Simmons, Lithgow and Bernthal :-) Hope it's actually good.

2. farva2

Regular

The reviews can go fuck themselves, I loved the hell out of this.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I actually heard from a ton of people the movie was great.

4. mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

I didn't think this was bad at all. Dialogue driven for a lot of it but the action was great when it came and the occasional humor was also.

5. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I'm happy to hear people are liking this. I thought the first trailer looked great but the TV spots were awful. Can't wait to see this next weekend.

6. It got a great "A" score from audiences. I still want to see it despite the poor reviews.

Davjs likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I enjoyed this. Not great but worth a watch.

8. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

quite enjoyed this. bernthal continues to do great work in small roles

Davjs likes this.
  9. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I honestly thought this was stellar. The ending approached the cheesiness line a bit but didn't end up crossing it.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Just finished this, what an awesome movie. Not sure why critics hated it, but the audience score is pretty high on RT. I hope this did well enough for a sequel. I thought I read somewhere that WB wanted it to start a franchise. I like all the characters enough to keep watching them. If not, it's a good stand alone story.

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ben Affleck was badass in this. That spin moves he does against his brother at the end...scary.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

It was! And that was a good twist. Thinking about it, I loved how non linear the story telling was and how all these small subplots add up. It's so different from a normal action movie, if you want to even call it though.

13. takingback1738

my dads an accountant

14. Iain

Regular

As an accountant, I thought it was pretty good! Even got my accounting profession to do a private screening of it. Didnt really get why it got slated so badly!

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Was thinking of watching this but was afraid it wasn't gonna be good. Glad to see this thread is overwhelmingly positive. Will probably check it out this week.

Davjs likes this.
  16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yo, not sure what people were thinking, but this was freaking awesome -- lathered in just the right amount of cheese and cliche with a highly entertaining play out.

Jason Tate and imthesheriff like this.
  17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i liked it but it feels like three movies in one, its kinda easy to see where the criticisms come from.

jkauf and Jason Tate like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Huh this is getting a sequel

kidwithhelmet and Davjs like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

What a weird movie to get a sequel.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I still haven't seen this but were moviegoers clamoring for more Accountant?

21. Davjs

Trusted

Not a weird choice at all, I loved this movie and want to see the character go on to do more stuff!

22. Davjs

Trusted

Just me I guess :-)

23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I enjoyed this movie but a sequel doesn't seem necessary. Oh well, I'm sure I'll watch it.

24. Does it end of a cliffhanger or something? Never saw it.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Not really a cliff hanger, but you meet the person who contacts him for jobs so they can just give him another mission for any sequels. I thought the characters were set up cool enough to see them explored in sequels