Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is... Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jan 3, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Santi > Almost Here > Fast Times

Fast Time has a lot of fun songs but it also has some filler tracks with only a few packing the emotional weight of Santi in my opinion.

With that said- Coppertone and After The Last Midtown Show are easily the best tracks on the album. So good.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. I remember first “discovering” this band on Pure Volume (RIP) and listening to the only two songs listed at the time which were Classifieds and Checkmarks. I was instantly hooked and obsessed.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Almost Here > Fast Times > Santi

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i LIKE Almost Here more than Santi but I think I can accept that Santi is their best album overall.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

now i have Coppertone stuck in my head

but this charaaaaaade is never going to last / so pick your poison and pour yourself a glass

7. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh hell yeah

9. prattsy

Regular

Fast Times was the soundtrack during a definitive summer in my younger days so it holds the absolute top spot

10. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Almost Here = Santi = Fast Times

A perfect band.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Santi > Almost Here

Fast Times doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as those other two.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Man, I just jammed to Fast Times today and my fiancée absolutely loved it. She’s never listened to it bc Santi lost her when it came out. We listened to it while taking the 101 home and it was a perfect setting.

I don’t understand the hate for it. It’s such a fun album with so many cool parts in it. Super underrated and underappreciated too.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I like Fast Times but you’re not at all wrong here.

KidLightning likes this.
  15. Bane

The spiciest meme

Damn this thread popping up got me in the mood to listen to them again, which I haven't in QUITE some time

It's kind of crazy how I still remember every word to The Phrase That Pays after so long. Pretty sure I still remember every word to We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands too.

I wanna say Almost Here > Santi > Fast Times but it's been too long to say for sure. Gonna change that.

JRGComedy and Kuri44 like this.
  16. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I BLASTED through them all earlier today and I think my new ranking goes Almost Here > Fast Times > Santi

Almost Here is just completely my shit and couldn't be knocked out from the top spot. Santi and Fast Times....honestly they're very close because they go for different things. Santi is their most eclectic and they definitely go for things here and I think that's super dope, while Fast Times is much more straightforward and they're super in their element. I think there's a few more hits on Fast Times than Santi for me, some of Santi's stuff is just kind of there. Fast Times has some of that too, but the highs are a few more than Santi's highs. Still like all 3 albums though, wish they were still doing stuff.

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh reading back a bit I might be in the minority, oh well haha

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I forgot how awesome Santi is.

AndrewSoup and JRGComedy like this.
  19. DesolateEarth

Birb

Almost Here is such a classic mid 2000's album and still holds up so well.

FTank and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

been listening to that a lot the past month. LAX to O'Hare is such a fuckin gem. guitars in the chorus are choice, bassline in Lifetime (Sleeping With Giants) is so great too

KidLightning likes this.
  21. Kuri44

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Da fuq

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what's going on here, that's a random Fast Times b-side

24. Kuri44

Sorry for the false alarm, I just really like that song and am happy it’s now on Spotify

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That’s awesome! I have always hoped a HQ version of Tokyo Bay will pop up someday. I only have a vinyl rip.