Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is... Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

How about that first The Academy EP though...

AlwaysEvolving21 and Kennedy like this.
  2. How about that Remembering Maine album

KidLightning and Jesse West like this.
  3. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

DEEEEEP CUT

Remember Maine***, I’m sorry

Jesse West likes this.
  4. Hahaha. I did the artwork for it. And can’t even remember the damn name. Lol.

5. Kennedy

Haha dude are you serious??? That’s wild. I remember during my TAI hay days and finding that album, it was like the pinnacle of my life at the age of 13

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Santi is my favorite/the best! Fast Times holds up better than I thought it would.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was so obsessed with them back in the day that I tracked down and illegally downloaded every early track I could find. I definitely still have them on my phone too. I remember a few people yelling out like "Memento Mori" at the Chicago Riot Fest preshow and their reaction was hilarious.

Kennedy likes this.
  9. Kennedy

This was probably the first band in my life i was truly obsessed with due to my own discovery (a lot of my all time favorites like JEW were introduced to me through family).

Will always be a special band for me.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I only listened to them because I bought a special 3-pack of CDs from FBR so that I could get the TTTYG Director's Cut which was sold out everywhere else. It was that, Almost Here, and Papercut Chronicles and that started EVERYTHING in my obsessions.

Kennedy likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I reaaaaalllly enjoy Fast Times. Its a super fun record.

12. Kuri44

I check out Fast Times every few years or so and it never sticks, but I just listened to it last week and i finally found myself enjoying it. Still my least favorite, but not the disaster I’ve always thought/made it out to be.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s a very solid pop rock album imo

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I haven’t listened to Fast Times in a long time, but from what I remember it wasn’t bad, it just didn’t have any personality. Like a dozen different bands could’ve made that record and it wouldn’t have changed much.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually really liked Fast Times in retrospect

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Fast Times was kinda shocking after Santi, but looking back, it may have actually been ahead of its time?

irthesteve likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It feel like it was after it’s time. I think Fast Times would’ve been a huge hit 2002-2005.

18. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Fast Times just turned 10 yesterday. Happy birthday!

In the middle of a full discog listen. I miss this band so much. :upside::upside::upside:

19. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

it turned 10 on the 19th indeed..... of April :tongue:

EDIT; wait, shit, i just looked it up and it DID come out in August, what the hell

20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I love Fast Times. I definitely see their personality shine through it at this point. The first time I heard the refrain in Coppertone was visceral.

septimus and felipecardel like this.
  21. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

their best album

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

still don't think i can call it their best album, but it does have some of their best moments. Coppertone and After The Last Midtown Show are two of their top 5 songs

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I used to hate Fast Times (for no good reason, tbh) and it's actually a pretty damn good pop rock record. "About a Girl" should have been huuuuuge. Still can't fathom why TAI never quite caught on in the mainstream.

Is William still producing/writing for others? I thought he might go the same route as Tim Pagnotta.

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

santi their best

mattylikesfilms and Daniel182 like this.