Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is... Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jan 3, 2017.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My friend is actually kind of close with a member or two, I might do some digging...

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

But what is the academy?

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE another record in the vein of Santi. That record is easily their best and that sound progressed a little further could really do some wonders in 2018 if you ask me.

4. nohandstoholdonto Jul 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2018)
    nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I tried to re-visit Santi recently and it felt like a chore to get through. I was also convinced I hated their last record but found out that I like it a decent amount. Almost Here is easily still their best imo.

Jason Tate and Kennedy like this.
  5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Almost Here is my favorite

I’ve always been surprised Santa is the favorite because there are a couple duds on it imo

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Almost Here forever

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Santi is amazing. What would you consider a dud on it @Kennedy?

8. Elder Lightning

To me, Almost Here is good but it sounds too much like that time period in music. Santi still sounds fresh today.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I'm on team Lost in Pacific time.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I’d go with Almost Here. I haven’t listened to Santi enough times to remember what it sounds like

11. Elder Lightning

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Kennedy

I think Chop Chop is the weakest track on the album. “Dud” was actually a terrible way of putting it considering I like every song on Santi haha. What I should have said is I’m surprised most people prefer songs like “Chop Chop” and “Bulls In Brooklyn” to songs in Almost Here.

Santi is so great though. Seed is one of the best TAI songs ever. 40 Steps should’ve made the album tho
    Colin buddy..... this is like pretty much without a debate the bands worst release haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

15. Kennedy

Either you’re crazy or it’s the only TAI release you’ve listened to ;)

16. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Haven't posted on here in ages but my email was blowing up with notifications from this thread. Let me get in on some TAI discourse lmao.

Almost Here is the most consistent album with no duds for me. Santi has the highest highs (Seed, LAX, Ghost, 40 Steps, Sleeping With Giants) but a few duds. Fast Times is half and half but has iconic bonus tracks. Lost in Pacific Time isn't my fave but New York is one of, it not my fave TAI song and had me hyped for album 4.

Everything TAI did is very valid tho.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. I hated that album when it came out.

I love it now. Haha. It’s fun.

18. I don’t have these bonus tracks. Just realized.

Threads likes this.
  19. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Absolutely worth a look. Would definitely take them over Paper Chase or His Girl Friday.

20. Eclipse

Regular

Anyone remember in like 2015 they put out an unreleased song around the time of their reunion/almost here tour? It was called chicago and I don't even remember really how it came out just like I think I got an email with it attached to it because i bought tickets. I believe it was supposed to be for what would have been their next full length after fast times if they didn't break up and I actually really liked it. I'm having trouble finding the actual recorded version and not just like a few lives.

As a whole I haven't listened in a while and a lot of my knowledge is actually proxy knowledge because they are my siblings favorite band, but i think almost here is the one that stuck with me the most. Down and out I really loved. Santi starts extremely strong though.

21. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Wait... Did they release the whole song?! I remember when they put the 30 second teaser up on thier website after the last ep before they broke up. I really liked that song. I know Beckett played it live solo for a bit after the split.

Wow, I really miss this band.

22. Eclipse

Regular

It was definitely a full song, but I cannot find it like anywhere online and I don't even have the email anymore. I'm gonna try and see if I can pull it up on my old computer

23. Eclipse

Regular

I found it! I had it saved to itunes in an old computer and it seems like it was a file uploaded from my email. full 3+ minutes. I saved it to my google drive since it seems to have disappeared off itunes, streaming, youtube, the deep dark web, etc...

Jesse West and KidLightning like this.
  24. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i only ever go back to the "Black Mamba"-"Checkmarks" stretch on Almost Here. Fast Times is easily my favorite. "Coppertone" is their best song. don't know what to think of a TAI record in 2018 though