Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is... Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I talked to Adam for a bit at the Emo Night in Chicago on Friday and asked him about the Santi 10 year. He said there have been some talks about it but nothing too serious. If anything, he said it would likely be a Chicago only show.

2. Daniel182

Adam also told me something interesting I didn't know before. The band was planning on having Mike Carden do some lead vocals on LP4. I would love to hear those recordings.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Almost Here is untouchable for me, one of the few perfect front to end albums from that time period

4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Seed and Lifetime are still two of my favorite TAI songs & best Sisky basslines

5. AndrewSoup

shout out to this band

KennedyBN and Daniel182 like this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I randomly listened to Almost Here the other day while I was driving and, yeah, it's still a great album and still hits all the nostalgia notes for me.

KidLightning and Daniel182 like this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's a top record from that era of pop rock, for sure.

8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

40 Steps really is one of my favorite songs ever

Daniel182 likes this.
  9. Kennedy

They just updated their Facebook cover photo to when they made the Santi album art!!!!!!!!

skogsraet likes this.
  10. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Stop doing this to me, TAI, my heart cannot take it!

11. AndrewSoup

SANTI IS GETTING A VINYL PRESSING!!!

.....by Enjoy The Ride.
    okay, haven't i heard bad things about that label's pressing quality?

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah I'm not a fan of the label at all... sucks. Still picking up that Magenta split though!

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Even though I think Fast Times is easily their weakest as a whole.. "After The Last Midtown Show" still gives me chills. Amazing song.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Fast Times is definitely underrated. It's an extremely solid summer pop album, which I know a lot of fans didn't want stylistically

15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I never understood the hatred for Fast Times, I wasn't really into TAI before that album but "After the Last Midtown Show" and "About A Girl" are particularly great songs

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. AndrewSoup

okay, so i'm NOT imagining things. i wasn't sure if it was the same person/label
    why of all places does ETR get to press this and not FBR??
    i desperately want this record but am NOT gonna buy it from that label

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah I wish I could just buy it straight from the dudes. I want the vinyl but I am a little conflicted the more I think about it..

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

at least the dudes know about it as compared to the other shady label practices Ross has done...

20. Daniel182

21. Eclipse

Regular

I know they were being kinda cryptic last year around the santi release, so I'm not sure. William Beckett is also probably the one who had the most known? career after with his solo stuff (although I know Adam Siska was doing bass for carly rae jepsen so thats pretty cool) hasn't released anything new in four years. They definitely still have a very hardcore fanbase, I saw them at riot fest and people had travelled from europe and canada and such specifically for them, and I believe they're New York show did fairly well. Many people I know are still very very into them and Beckett's solo music. I guess the hard part would be keeping and retaining the not die hard fans after the reunion buzz is over.

irthesteve and Daniel182 like this.
  22. Kennedy

butcher had an AWESOME project that only ever put out a demo EP

23. Kennedy

24. KidLightning and Daniel182 like this.
  25. AndrewSoup