Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is... Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Love this song! I was just jamming it in the car last weekend.

2. Kuri44

mpflight38 and Daniel182 like this.
  3. Daniel182

4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Trying not to freak out because they didn't come to the NW last time, but omg please

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying not to get too excited cus it could just be an acknowledgement, or a vinyl re-release. In fact, I think years and years ago they updated their profile picture or something and it didn't turn into anything.

Still, it would be kind of a low blow if this didn't lead to anything, and I do have the advantage that I'm in Chicago, so even if it's just a single show, I will most likely be able to go. Going to cross my fingers. I never saw TAI before they split, so being able to see Almost Here and Santi in full would make me so happy.

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

VINYL, A TOUR, I WILL TAKE WHATEVER THEY WILL GIVE
    i missed the Almost Here tour i NEED THIS

7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This exactly

8. Daniel182

Santi on vinyl would be nice. At this point, it has still never been pressed. I'm sure if they play show(s) for the album, a vinyl pressing would also happen.

9. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

damn. this used to be "my favorite song of all time" for a little when i was in like the 8 or 9th grade. still incredible. i really do love this band a lot still.

Daniel182 likes this.
  10. Kennedy

okay now im getting the worst kind of nostalgic listening to these guys. the kind where you just sit back and think "man, that was fun... this was so good and all i cared about"

GrantCloud and AndrewSoup like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

i used to anticipate TAITV back then like some people anticipate Game of Thrones now

12. Kennedy

oh dude same. when theyd miss i week i would hate life.

13. Kennedy

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I never listened to them, where should I start? I remember them being big when I was in High School

15. Daniel182

I think Santi is their best overall, but Almost Here is probably the most accessible and best introduction.

16. Kennedy

Listen to Almost Here. Bringing up the Armor For sleep thread made me re-appreciate that album. It doesn't exactly sound like AFS, but they toured together and I feel like there are production similarities.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

All three of their albums are pretty good, actually. This band has aged a lot better than I would've expected.

KennedyBN likes this.
  18. Kuri44

Happy 10 to Santi!

deadwrong, Daniel182 and AndrewSoup like this.
  19. AndrewSoup

awwww shit, todays the day!

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Should check in, I couldn't get into these guys sorry! I wonder if I had heard them 10 years ago if it would be different

21. Daniel182

Do it! Santi is a great album and my personal favorite of theirs. :)

22. Kuri44

Santi > Almost Here > Lost In Pacific Time EP > Fast Times at Barrington High

I wasn't really into Santi when it first came out besides WGABMOOH, but over time it grew on me and then surpassed AH as my favorite of theirs.

23. Daniel182

This is my exact ranking.

Kuri44 likes this.
  24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is baseless speculation... But I could see The Academy Is... touring with Say Anything on the "In Defense of the Genre" 10 year tour to celebrate Santi's 10 years. Same way Saves the Day celebrated 15 years of "Through Being Cool" opening for Say Anything on the "...Is a Real Boy" 10 year tour.

AndrewSoup and Kuri44 like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Santi is their best by quite a margin for me, though I do enjoy parts of the debut and Barrington High.

Not a single bad song on Santi and this thread actually got me to revisit Seed and I love it now.