Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Academy Is… Tease Some ‘Santi’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2017.

1. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Love Almost Here and Fast Times but strangely enough have never given this album a proper listen

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If they do a ten year tour I'd imagine it'd be smaller rooms. But would hope it'd be enough to push a majority of the band to do it full time again.

3. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Sonically also, this album is freaking awesome. I'm a fan of their whole discography, but I've always loved the production on Santi. Kind of unhinged and textured sounding compared to the other albums and ep. Putting out Santi was a really bold move for them. Favorites might be 'Seed' and 'Unexpected Places'

4. Threads Jan 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2017)
    Threads

Regular Prestigious

This is probably going to just turn out to be a vinyl pressing but I need something pleasant to think about currently and I'm going to hold out for a least a show in Chicago. I'll gladly make the trip from Cleveland for that if it happens.

Santi was more or less the album that sparked my deeper passion for music and I probably wouldn't listen to anything that I do today if that never happened. I've probs posted about this multiple times on Chorus and AP.net over the years but it is really important to me and I will praise the album whenever I can, especially since it didn't get the greatest reaction at the time. My fave tracks are definitely Seed, LAX To O'Hare, Same Blood, and 40 Steps but the whole album holds up for me really well.

I'm so glad to see so many other Santi fans in here. :verysad:

edit: since others are doing it..

Favorite tracks by album/ep:

The Academy - Absolution
    Almost Here - Skeptics and True Believers
    Santi - Seed
    Fast Times - Coppertone
    Lost in Pacific Time - New York (Saint in the City)

5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

whoa, didn't think they were gonna do it. really cool.

was hoping that they'd push it to the end of the year so we'd get a Santi/Fast Times double tour but if we end up getting one of each then that's even better

best from each album: Classifieds, Seed, Coppertone

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think it might be a little premature to assume they're doing a tour. They just did an anniversary tour for Almost Here about a year ago, and they really hinted that those would be the last shows they'd play. I don't think they want to be a band known for just doing anniversary tours.

I would not be upset if they did a tour though...

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Pretty cool, I definitely didn't listen to this album enough at first compared to their others. Still listen to Fast Times a lot and definitely come back to songs from the first two as well, Slow Down got me into the band at such a perfect time for me.

8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to TAI in a while, but I think I might have to this afternoon.

9. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Never realized so many people enjoyed Santi. Thought I was an outlier. I feel like when it came out, people were kinda down on it. Almost Here will always be my favorite, but Santi is a great, and completely different, record.

Fav songs:
    Skeptics and True Believers
    You Might Have Noticed
    Rumored Nights

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Almost Here
    Everything We Had
    After the Last Midtown Show

After the Last Midtown Show is one of the most underrated TAI songs

11. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Hopefully they do some shows in support of the 10 year. My favorite work by them is actually the Lost In Pacific Time EP

noeljames and Threads like this.