Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The AbsolutePunk Legends, Myths, And Rumors Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 22, 2020.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Borat 2: Vengeance and phaynes12 like this.
  2. fucking Slade LMAO

CAC3 and Jonathan like this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Believe so. He was on here for a bit. I wish I remembered the specifics

4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Henry likes this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Oh, good ol' Absolute Punk. I remember my official register date was 6-6-06, because I wanted to comment on Decemberunderground by AFI getting released. I wasn't incredibly active on the site, maybe like 1000 posts or something. I don't think I met anyone from the forums here until after it became Chorus.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

When birdman (I think) told @Jason Tate that he needed to introduce Hannah to the canonical classic pop albums--Pet Sounds, Thriller, and A Rush of Blood to the Head--because she said American Beauty/American Psycho was one of the most impressive pop albums she'd ever heard.

FTank, Mary V, Matt Chylak and 2 others like this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

#gfytn

8. Trevor (GhostYouAre) writing a mean post about Hawthorne Heights and then HH using his post as a song title on their second album haha

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

my first post on AP had so many negative scene points that I created another account.

DontTellMom, Zilla, Jonathan and 3 others like this.
  10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Another STL Elite/TP story. So back in December 2009, Thursday was on tour with The Dillinger Escape Plan and Fake Problems. Me, Evan, Jake, and Spencer went to the show. I got lost in the East side of STL (Pop's is right across the river in IL at Sauget) and I was terrified. Thankfully I found my way there and met up with Jake, who was waiting for me to give him his ticket. Fake Problems was aight, two dudes almost started fighting in front of the band while they looked on awkwardly. DEP comes on next and the whole place erupts in violence, as any DEP show does. At one point, Greg from DEP, who is a very large gorilla man on par with Arnold Schwarzenegger, dived into the crowd and directly landed on Evan's face. 3/4th of the crowd split after DEP got off.

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

yes it was something like “if I was eating an orange and I learned that you died, I would just keep on eating the orange.”

I don’t even remember the exact quote but I’m laughing to myself thinking about it

12. I was top 5 in scene points lmao

phaynes12 likes this.
  13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

birdman was the greatest scourge of the politics forum. We need a guy like him back in

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

I have not caught up on the whole thread yet but holy shit Jake Denning, how did I forget about this guy

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

lmao yes

16. DarkHotline

We need him and BeerfortheBear

Furry Werthers likes this.
  17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

chokeychicken threw a 9/11 party right? or am i thinking of someone else? there's a twin towers cake in my memory but idk who's responsible

18. DarkHotline

I kinda wonder what he's up to now. I remember he was very much into bands like The Ghost Inside and Emmure.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think I worked my way to one or two lol. At one point I had everyone bomb my scene point score to get as negative as possible.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  20. DarkHotline

That was indeed him

21. I mean that seems really on brand for him

22. chris

Trusted Supporter

holy shit I remember this, idk who it was though

edit: ok guess so

23. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

something tells me he's far from the only ticketmaster employee to make light of a terrorist attack

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lueda called me once to ask if I wanted to win a contest on the front page. She didn't feel like doing a drawing and just gave it to me.

I also had some very strange drunk conversations with her.

25. DarkHotline

I remember a lot of dudes would straight up simp Lueda

DontTellMom, Joe4th, mad and 3 others like this.