Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The AbsolutePunk Legends, Myths, And Rumors Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 22, 2020.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

One time, I went to a Ludo show with the STL posters. TachyonPython Evan, who is well known for being high strung and passionate about his views, straight up jumped around like a total madman during Ludo's set to the chagrin of people who just wanted to watch the band without getting bumped into. Next day, he posted a thread decrying how no one wanted to join him in jumping around to Ludo. He then proceeded to get jumped on by the site. Oh and the show itself was alright, probably some of the most boring openers I've had to sit through though.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

We will hang out one day, mark my words.

Henry likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I should have never let her borrow my hardcovers. I should probably order new ones before they go out of print.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  4. DarkHotline

Hoo boy, that news post thread was wild.

Crisp X likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Didnt TachPyth blame that one baseball player for killing the fan in the stands?

Nick and Wharf Rat like this.
  6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

That guy was the worst

neo506, Wharf Rat and chris like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

KidChino made up a whole life story to trick Eda. I don’t remember the details

Wharf Rat and DarkHotline like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

He once posted bragging about heckling the opener for Paramore lol

9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I lurked so hard on AP for years, but was terrified to post. I remember mentioning that I liked Page Avenue (soon after it came out) in the Thursday thread and got absolutely pummeled. Someone actually called me a poser. That was that. Lol.

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Last I heard, he’s a rapper now

11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

That guy was the worst.

Crisp X, Nick, Wharf Rat and 2 others like this.
  12. DarkHotline

Yes, he got very emotional and upset at Josh Hamilton during the 2011 WS when the Rangers were close to winning it all and said that a murderer was gonna win the WS. Being a Cardinals fan in the MLB threads back when was hard enough, he made it harder.
    Evan and I had a pretty tenuous friendship over time. What broke the camel's back was me posting in his beloved TWY chat threads and we got into a spat, which led him to accuse me of attempting suicide the year before for attention. Jake Denning banned Evan for this, which led to the whole thread demanding my head in retribution. Evan DM'd me asking Jake to unban him while not really saying sorry for telling me something as horrible as that. I let it go and asked Jake to unban him and Evan just got back to it like nothing was wrong. Granted, it's been almost ten years now and I have no animosity towards him but in the back of my mind, I still resent him for what he said to me.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

-ACA

14. DarkHotline

I vaguely remember this, wasn't it what caused him to split from AP?
    He was but now I think he manages rappers or something like that, he constantly promotes underground rappers on his Twitter.

15. DarkHotline

He once called me crying because Thrice cancelled their show at the Pageant, which was the day it was announced that Dustin's dad was really sick and they cancelled the tour.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. this needs to be on the front page

17. DarkHotline

Ice Nine Kills VS Jason Tate and Their Fake Profile Army

So nowadays, Ice Nine Kills is a fairly popular scenecore band but that was not always the case. For years prior to this, the band would endlessly submit news about themselves and had fake accounts that would only post on their news stories. They also were big mad at Jason for a bad review they got, so they printed and sold Fuck Jason Tate shirt at their merch table.

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Wharf Rat and OhTheWater like this.
  19. phaynes12

thomas is one of my best friends and was in my wedding

Jacob Tender likes this.
  20. DarkHotline

This is an all timer moment right here.

21. phaynes12

@Drew Beringer switching nba teams three times/general drew in the sports thread

22. unfortunately watermarked, but just so we have it in here:
    BC3334A9-07EB-4E9A-A6BD-D991F32D145A.jpeg

Snoblin, Crisp X, Mary V and 9 others like this.
  23. the whole site got cat fished by - apologies for the crass language - pumpkin tits

phaynes12 and Wharf Rat like this.
  24. when everyone had their avatar of the laughing king homer gif but it was of Jason's face instead