Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The AbsolutePunk Legends, Myths, And Rumors Thread • Page 40

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 22, 2020.

1. alexampersander Feb 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 3, 2021)
    alexampersander

eurokid

Only logged in to go through this thread starting...now.

(old AP user from way back when here, jan 03 if memory serves, altho under differ username, i was PeeDster, one of the euros and thrice fanatics, hi all)

2. jaimej

Regular Prestigious

Someone pointed me to the way of this thread and whoa. I feel like this was a fuckin' million lifetimes ago.

Joined in 2003 because I was obsessed with Brand New and I needed other people to obsess with.
    Was a mod (banhammer!) then staff. Probably the only staff member to be banned while being staff (@Jason Tate confirm?). I forget exactly why, but I think I was defending chokeychicken Chad for something horrible he said (we're irl friends, I went to his wedding)
    Interviewed Portugal. The Man before Church Mouth came out. I was a terrible interviewer but I remember that convo was really fun. Crazy how they blew up so much later.
    Met my husband because of the sports forum (when I ran the booth at bamboozle for a few years he showed up and swoooon :heart:).
    Have met tons of ap.net members, and had a bunch at my wedding (based on what I've read here you'll remember Orlando, Tara, Miss Heartcore, Aussie James).
    Will be going to MissHeartcore's wedding (& bachelorette party if covid allows it!)
    Still chat on a recently created slack channel with the sports forum homies. @Drew Beringer's posts during the Packers game were reminiscent of old times haha.

3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Just discovered this thread and wow at the memories. I lurked for a few years and didn’t join the website until ‘09. Like many here, I only joined to discuss BN, but discovered MO, mwY, and several other amazing artists that are still mainstays in my music tastes to this day.

The absolutepunk forum was absolutely pivotal in forming my music tastes.

I’ve been mostly absent from here for a few years, but trying reacclimate to the forum and have been really happy to find it remains mostly the same as when I went on my semi-hiatus.

4. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Now that KL is no more I think about It-Leaked a lot more. :verysad:

Analog Drummer and Jonathan like this.
  5. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Oink is still the pinnacle

Jonathan likes this.
  6. BlackMass

Old school AP.net user here - used to be called Stereo Mike - frequented the Eurokids thread in the main many, many moons ago!

7. BlackMass

Oh HI THERE ALEX

alexampersander likes this.
  8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Sorry Nets fans

Attached Files:

Joe4th, chris and DaydreamNation like this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh wow

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lol

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait really?

12. phaynes12

come on

13. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I can’t even

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i don't think i made an impact on AP (as Wall E) but i am marrying someone who posts on this cursed website

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

You made an impact on me bud.

17. phaynes12

i love wall e

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I REMEMBER YOU WALL E, glad you found your EVE

Brent, stayillogical and neo506 like this.
  19. good poster on ap, good poster on chorus

worthy expanded jason tate-iverse power couple

imthesheriff and Jason Tate like this.
  20. alexampersander

eurokid

OH HI MIKE. Sorry for taking (checks calendar) forever to reply. :-) How the hell are you?

21. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I’d like to take a time machine back to 2005 sometimes. It feels like a lifetime ago.

Brent, jkauf, ChrisCantWrite and 2 others like this.
  22. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

Oh fun, a place we can all remember that time I dated a AP.net Staff member....

[​IMG]

23. JulieLynn

OMG ALEX!!!!!!!!!!

24. JulieLynn

that user name makes me wanna vomit. I DO NOT miss that trashbag.

25. JulieLynn

Its sad that I really just only remember the drama and absolute childish BS that went on back then.

I do however miss The Work Threads, People dumping on me because I loved (and still fucking do) Fall Out Boy (specifically Pete Wentz) *eye roll*, and WTF ever happened to Ashley?!?! (other wise known as the biggest Jimmy Eat World fan)

Also that time I got to work the AP.net tent at Bamboozle and met some incredible humans!