Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The AbsolutePunk Legends, Myths, And Rumors Thread • Page 39

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 22, 2020.

1. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

I think I started posting on ap in 2006 or 2007 as a very young teen (vandalsandquinn). Around when I joined there were all these clubs that people made banners for in their signatures, and I remember a bunch of the youngest posters made one called "absolute youngins" which I think a lot of people got upset about. I guess as an adult I can understand not wanting kids making a group where they can be easily targeted hahaha. There were also the morning thread wars which is very funny to me looking back at. I got into some of my favorite music because of AP - matt_rawlings uploaded like every Elliott Smith song ever to some megaupload link that I grabbed, and I have to thank the TedHeads for getting me into Ted Leo.

It's weird because I was sooo young when I spent a lot of time posting/talking to people from AP, it feels like a fever dream at times. I never met anyone and I'm not really in touch with anyone I used to be friends with, but I think that spending some of my formative years on AP has stuck with me in certain ways haha. This thread made me laugh a lot

DarkHotline, wade, Jason Tate and 3 others like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

found an old folder from the 00s which seems to have some old screenshots, will upload any relevant ones

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. irthesteve

deadk.PNG

4. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I miss AP a lot sometimes. The forum layout was cooler.

Brent and amorningofsleep like this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Miss Sean

wade, phaynes12 and neo506 like this.
  6. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Speaking of layouts, that YouTube one takes me back

7. irthesteve

quotefont.PNG

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Old YouTube was something special

coleslawed likes this.
  9. irthesteve

this still happens these days, but when I was the only one awake late at night

untitled.JPG

10. Man people would really just create threads for anything

DaydreamNation, neo506 and irthesteve like this.
  11. God I forgot that version of those buttons. :concerned:

12. irthesteve

What, you have a problem with "i need jeans"????

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Now I really want to know the Blink secrets

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I probably don't want to know what people were talking about being filled with.

15. irthesteve

yeah that one worries me

coleslawed likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Hmm I do need jeans. Should I make a new thread here?

jkauf, trevorshmevor and irthesteve like this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Wish I had saved all my old blogs.. almost like my own personal journal from that era of my life.

18. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Man I remember Gunz from when I'd lurk on AP.net and He was the "opener" when I saw All Time Low do a SWIR anniversary show in NJ and immediately felt a little gross. Funny to see people clowning on him Applejack and ACA in here. Forgot so much from that era of life.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Wow I didn’t know this thread existed and literally just thought about this last night. Did he write the “Not even a goddamn nipple!” and “love and other drugs, max” letter?

OhTheWater likes this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't remember those posters on AP

edit:
    Damn!

Slangster likes this.
  21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I remember occasional people getting extremely upset at the “what are you listening to right now” thread

22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Wow, I just caught up on 40 pages of this thread. I didn't start posting until 07, and I mostly stuck to the Entertainment forum, still do. I'm glad everyone acknowledges the misogny and bullying that went on, that's why I usually stayed away from the general forum.

My favorite memories are with the LOST thread people, we had a really tight group there. I've hung out with Crit and met a few others.

I saw Chad (chokeychicken) at the last Brand New show before their downfall. I didn't want to have an awkward encounter in case he didn't remember me, so I sent him a DM later and we reminisced over our shared love of Veronica Mars. He's not so bad.

I also remember getting thread-banned once but I have no idea why. I think I annoyed Jason during some kind of debate.

I wonder what the median age of posters is on this site. How many of us are 30+ and just carried over from AP? I don't think I'll ever stop posting because it's hard to find people IRL with the same taste in music/film/etc.

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Old post, but I noticed no one clarified this story. It was a guy who delivered a package to some building in NYC. He noticed a girl on her computer browsing Absolutepunk. Then he specifically made an account and posted her description. Everyone had a field day speculating who it could be, some people guessed right and it was Miss Heartcore. I believe she joined the thread, told him he should've just said hello, and turned him down. End of story? Or so I recall.

24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This actually crosses my mind more than I'd like to admit so I appreciate the closure!

Jason Tate and stayillogical like this.