Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The AbsolutePunk Legends, Myths, And Rumors Thread • Page 31

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. That's pretty funny. It holds up ok, and better than a lot of my other ones. Those last two lines sure are weird though. :crylaugh:

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  3. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Garrett and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Brent, Mary V, Garrett and 1 other person like this.
  5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Holy shit Nightmare of You.

The guys from Steel Train suck.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

um, what?

Brent, JulieLynn and bobby_runs like this.
  7. Brent and Mary V like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

mad likes this.
  9. Things I haven't seen people mention:
    • When a girl took a facebook photo of some random blonde and photoshopped pumpkins over it to make it look like a nude and then sent it to a bunch of dudes in the forum.
    • The Paramore/Brazil chat/Nazi movie mashup video meme thing.
    • Pete Wentz's noods leaking and everyone making them their avatar and me having to ban so many people.
    • Brand New's demos leaking.

My favorite premieres: Straylight Run, Cartel, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Yellowcard, The Wonder Years, All Time Low

10. Jason!!!

Jul 22, 2020

anything leaking back in those days were a big deal but leaked demos from everyone's favorite band and leaked nudes from the most popular musician in our scene had the forums buzzing for weeks haha

11. Hahahaha, incredible. :crylaugh:

Yeah, the leaks meant so much more back then, but stuff that wasn't supposed to be out -- demos -- photos -- dramatic news -- that was stuff that caused massive stirs and huge forum posts to a different level. The album 4 months early kinda thing was always a ... ohhhhh boy.

12. scroopy.noopers

: (

I just lost my shit remembering this. My partner said he hasn't seen me laugh like that in a long time so thanks for that.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

This thread had so much potential

All went downhill after the first post

Joe4th, mad, Jake W and 2 others like this.
  14. scroopy.noopers

: (

Didn't Daryl from Glassjaw leak his own nude in response to Wentz or did I make that up? Dude had a giant hog.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"
    : The AbsolutePunk Story"

mad, theagentcoma and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I thought these were mentioned in the first handful of pages?

Brent likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

go to church

18. Jeff Spicoli

Sup.

Henry likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. Jeff Spicoli

Odd night, great show. Have Heart + Blacklisted too.

In non-COVID life, I still run into Orlando all the time at shows. Good dude.

Life good?

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I totally forgot Blacklisted played. I think I was pissy about the album they put out around then.

I think the last time I saw Orlando was about 2 years ago with Cindy at a KevDev show because of course.

I'm much better than it was back then. lol. Life is indeed good. How about you?

22. Jeff Spicoli

Living the dream, a day at a time. This thread is quite the trip, just read the entire thing. I think I started posting in 2003.

23. Craig Manning, DrAlanGrant and Mary V like this.
  24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol that HGB review is hilarious. Crazy how big Here In Your Arms got in hindsight

Brent and Drew Beringer like this.
  25. Iain

Regular

It is crazy how much time i spent lurking on AP back in the day for me to not remember anything now!

The craziest thing that happened IRL through AP was meeting Mark Hoppus in 2015. I ended up becoming online friends with a AP member (forgot username) from same country as me (still keep in touch every now and then). He was into audio engineering. The band he worked with ended up recording with Mark Hoppus. He then messaged me saying you should probably get a ticket for the bands show (50 people or so capacity venue). Mark played Family Reunion after their set. After the show the AP member introduced me to Mark. It was total casual introduction like it could have been anyone. Always thought it was a cool thing for him to have done.

trevorshmevor likes this.