Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The A1chemy Index Vol. 5: Dan should not have the ability to change this thread title • Page 1175

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kate

Trusted

2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

im a reasonable person and can admit that i was wrong about pineapple on pizza

3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

im a reasonable person and can admit that i was wrong about pineapple on pizza

4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Deconstructed Cordon Bleu for @dadbolt w/ roasted potatoes & arugula salad

For the chicken:
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    prosciutto (1 good piece per chicken breast)
    swiss or provolone cheese (1 or 2 slices per chicken breast)
    Extra virgin olive oil
    Thyme

1. Preheat your oven to 400.

2. Pound chicken to an even thickness, the thinner, the better. Season aggressively w/ salt + pepper, set on cutting board/plate to air dry and come closer to room temperature.

3. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides in a pan on medium-high heat with some extra virgin olive oil (grilling would work too). When the breasts are just shy of being fully cooked and have color on both sides, pull them from the pan and lay them in a baking dish. Top each piece of chicken with prosciutto and then a good amount of swiss cheese. I like to sprinkle some thyme leaves between the prosciutto and the cheese.

4. Turn the oven to broil and place your chicken on the top rack, just beneath the broiler. Watch carefully, as soon as the cheese is melted and starting to turn brown on top, the chicken is done.

Note: If you prefer to eat thicker chicken breasts, the same recipe can be repeated, simply adjust your cooking time in the pan. With the thick breasts, you can take thyme or other fresh herbs, along with garlic and butter, and baste the chicken breasts (same technique as the one I taught you for steaks).

For the potatoes:
    Fingerling or new/baby potatoes
    EVOO
    Salt + Pepper
    Fresh Thyme

1. Preheat your oven to 400. Throw a sheet tray into the oven while it preheats.

2. Cut your potatoes at least in half (or into bite-size if you prefer that).

3. Place your potatoes in a large mixing bowl, add a heavy pinch of salt and a good amount of freshly cracked black pepper. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Add some fresh thyme (dried works good here too, but fresh is always better, dried Herbes de Provence is beautiful in this too). Sometimes smoked paprika is a nice addition to roasted potatoes. Toss to combine.

4. Grab your preheated sheet tray and throw your potatoes directly onto it and immediately back into the oven.

5. Roast 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. Stir/flip them once or twice while they roast, but give them a good 20 minutes before touching/opening the oven door.

For the salad:
    Arugula
    Parmigiano Reggiano
    Panko Breadcrumbs
    Black Pepper
    Salt

1. Shave some parm off the block.
    2. Combine arugula, shaved parm, a pinch of breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
    3. Drizzle vinaigrette lightly over salad immediately before serving and toss until combined.

Note: Some halved cherry or grape tomatoes would a nice addition.

For the vinaigrette:
    Lemon Juice
    EVOO
    Dijon or Coarse ground mustard (both would be ideal)
    Honey
    Thyme
    Champagne, Sherry, or White Wine Vinegar

1. Squeeze lemon juice into a glass measuring cup or other container. Add a few splashes of vinegar. (can be made with purely vinegar or purely lemon juice)
    2. Add a spoonful of mustard.
    3. Add a drizzle of honey.
    4. Add fresh thyme leaves or other fresh/dried herbs.
    5. Add a pinch of salt + pepper.
    5. Whisk until well combined. Taste. Should have a presence of the lemon/vinegar, honey, thyme, and mustard. If you don't get the honey, thyme, or mustard, add some. Lemon/vinegar should be overpowering at this point.
    6. While whisking, slowly drizzle olive oil into cup. Stop. Taste. Adjust with more olive oil or whatever it needs. Keep adding small parts until it tastes really good to you. Also, keep whisking. Whisk until it hurts.

Note: minced shallot or garlic is always a nice addition to vinaigrette.

Plate with the potatoes on the bottom, the chicken on top of or angled onto the potatoes, and a handful of the salad on top. Finish with a drizzle of the dressing around the plate.

6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

10. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I just wanna say I love that we make fun of bad food and blink 182

11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

aliens exist, Ken and Your Milkshake like this.
  12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

0E0EA390-B63C-413F-8C6C-602F41357140.jpeg
    irish spas are fuckin wild

14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

@dadbolt sorry i have no exact measurements. You'll just have to wing it if you decide to try it.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

you the man. im gonna make that this weekend.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

:blush:O:-):-)

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

[​IMG]

21. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

822D2E2A-C0ED-4EFE-897A-DBB58B372467.jpeg Hello guys how’s your life going

22. Randall Mentzos

23. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

D971F9A9-A37E-49F0-8F08-E4C58E776649.jpeg

24. Randall Mentzos

Actually they aren’t a record store but they have some of the best veggie / vegan food options in the whole city

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.