Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 91st Academy Awards (February 24, 2019) TV Show • Page 62

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

In recognition of the fact that a movie directed by Bryan Singer shouldn't be given awards

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

His movie was directed by a pedophile and rapist

3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

anyone got any way too early predictions for next year's Best Picture?

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

People should watch High Flying Bird

5. Anthony_

Aregala likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tom Hooper's Cats

I can't say that with a straight face

Anthony_ and Aregala like this.
  7. I saw Alita the other night and numerous people get cut in half in that movie, needless to say it’s my Best Picture 2020 front runner

Henry likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t wait to be emotionally scarred by the promo pics for Cats and then do my best to forget that it exists.

9. Anthony_

I wonder how they're going to handle casting in a Cats movie when there's no live audience for people to just walk into the cast and start performing from.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Prediction: Elton John’s new song from Lion King will get nominated.

And Toy Story 4.

All I got.

12. Anthony_

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

One aspect of my personal hell would definitely be a humanoid cat coming up to me in a theater seat and doing stuff to me.

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I still don't understand what the fuck "it all starts with Viggo" was even supposed to mean? Like wat

michael_gatto and CarpetElf like this.
  16. Anthony_

My guess is he was defiantly trying to make a point about how Viggo deserved to be rewarded in spite of the lame Italian stereotype performance he gave and the absolutely horrible takes on race he has had during the press tour/awards season.

Kind of just goes back to Justin Chang's point in the LA Times piece from last night about the bizarre defensiveness that fans of Green Book exhibit in the face of any criticism against it and how it makes them want to very vocally double down on their support for it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have such uncanny valley with that and The Lion King on Broadway, are they humans or animals I do not quite know

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

19. Anthony_

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

mad, popdisaster00 and Aregala like this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The only area where these awards never fail is in creating lasting meme formats that have more effect on pop culture than most of the nominated films.

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Little Women is gonna sweep

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

In a vacuum I don't think BlacKKKlansman deserved to win a Best Picture Academy Award, but if the choice is between BlacKKKlansman and Green Book it's a fucking no brainier the Oscar goes to BlacKKKlansman.

It's such a funny thought that they gave John Ottman the best editing Oscar not based on BR being an example of fantastic editing so much as an example of editing turning a complete and total clusterfuck disaster into something semi-coherent and almost watchable.

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I want to watch this but I'm really not a fan of the aesthetic of how it was filmed. feels so flat to me

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I saw Arctic this past weekend and I'd like to see Mads get a nomination for it but I worry that it's so early in the year it won't have any traction by then.