Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 91st Academy Awards (February 24, 2019) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 4, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Can we have like a 10-day return policy on awards please? God, that whole story just keeps getting worse and worse.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I would say between this and the Farrelly thing surfacing this movie’s award-winning chances are almost zero. May still get nominated because that voting is already underway but I doubt it wins anything if these stories pick up steam. Hollywood is willing to go to bat for some pretty horrible people, but you have to actually be someone prominent in the industry to get that treatment. Vallelonga and Farrelly ain’t that.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Dear Lord, the number of ads I had to close on that site...

justin. likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

“We don’t respect the movies you make, but can you please come save our ratings?”

- The oscars to the avengers

7. Anthony_

I'm still thinking about how Olivia Colman is the one being billed as the lead actress in The Favourite while Weisz and Stone are both supporting. I would thought either they were all co-leads, or Weisz/Stone were leads and Colman was supporting. Am I wrong or is this really just category gamesmanship at its finest?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it makes absolutely no sense, but I also understand it's hard to pick just one of them, personally I'd choose Weisz if I had to

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. Anthony_

Maybe they’re figuring that Weisz and Stone have won already and Colman hasn’t?

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

The studio is the one to decide who to submit for each category’s consideration. I haven’t seen The Hours but around its awards season because each of the three acclaimed actresses essentially shared the same amount of screen time, they submitted Nicole Kidman as the sole Best Leading Actress category I guess because she had the stronger performance and because she wore a prosthetic nose

11. Anthony_

Yeah I know how it works I’m just always kind of overanalyzing how the studios decide to submit their films/actors because the gamesmanship frustrates the hell out of me.

12. IMDb

I'm okay with this.

edit: pfft it just says IMDb. it's a list of Critics Choice wins.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m also ok with IMDB in general.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

That's wild that Glenn Close and Lady Gaga tied.

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Do those movies not get nominations for sfx and whatever else?

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow another night of no wins for Cooper. Starting to think he might actually leave the Oscars empty-handed

17. Anthony_

I would bet on it. He has too much stiff competition in every category he’s going to compete in. May walk away with one as a producer if it wins Best Picture, but that’ll be it. He won’t beat Cuaron in Director, it’s looking like Christian Bale is picking up steam in Best Actor, and adapted screenplay will probably go to Barry Jenkins.

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Black Panther beating Infinity War in special effects is a bad prank. A movie with PS2 tier graphics the entire 3rd act beat Infinity War, which arguably had the best mo-cap and CGI character seen in a film? That’s a joke

Maverick, Henry, Cameron and 3 others like this.
  20. Anthony_

Didn’t even think about this angle. And then the logical conclusion to that is that he’ll win when he’s “due” and not when he deserves it, like Leo winning for Revenant instead of Wolf of Wall Street.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

He'll never win a competitive Oscar so the Academy will just give him an honorary lifetime achievement Oscar in 2055.

22. Anthony_

I don't think he'll never win a competitive Oscar. He's already been nominated a few times before this, and this is going to get him that kind of "he deserves an Oscar" attention from the right people. I'd say he'll probably win an Oscar within the next few years, maybe 5-10. Probably for acting, but could be for writing, directing, or producing.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean he's an okay actor who made an okay movie. It's not a travesty if he loses, although it'd be a bit shocking to be shut out considering how hyped up the film was

riotspray likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still think The Shallow winning will keep it from being a total shutout at the very least.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Remember guys, it's just an honor to be nominated.