Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 91st Academy Awards (February 24, 2019) TV Show • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 4, 2019.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Hey I've always said they should do more of this. Songs or soundtrack songs that are big parts of a movie should be recognized in someway.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Someone should really get this David Duke guy to watch Green Book."

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

making it very hard to be mad at you Academy

incognitojones likes this.
  5. They alphabetized Pharrell instead of Williams?

6. Anthony_

Should've had Mulaney host

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Give Roma all the awards.
    [​IMG]

Cameron and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Anthony_ Feb 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2019)
    Anthony_

I think it is going to win Director, Cinematography, and Foreign Language Film without a doubt. It will definitely contend for Original Screenplay as well. The biggest question mark is what will happen in Best Picture. I think right now, gun to my head, I'd take Roma but honestly I could see it going to Green Book or BlacKkKlansman as well.

Funnily enough, I also would not discount Black Panther for Best Picture either. The way the Academy's tiered ranked choice voting system works, I could see Black Panther getting a ton of #2 or #3 votes from people who loved it but "wouldn't pick it as Best Picture" and then walking away with the win after other movies fail to cross the necessary threshold due to split votes in the #1 slot. Would be really cool if that happened, I think.

Honestly it would be really cool for me if anything, literally anything other than Green Book or Bohemian Rhapsody won, though, so that isn't saying much. I'd even take Vice.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I finally watched Black KkKlansman last night and really hope it wins a decent amount.

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

It was in my top three of 2018. Sadly it's looking like it may only win Best Adapted Screenplay. But at least Spike will finally get a competitive Oscar.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Joe4th like this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm trying to watch all the documentary shorts before the weekend. Just watched "A Night at the Garden," and holy shit. Like I guess when I say it out loud it's not that farfetched to think that there were American Nazis during WWII, but seeing it happening at the Garden gave me chills.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

And now I just finished Black Sheep. Damn, that was really powerful too.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Have watched (in order of me liking them):
    Roma
    A Star is Born
    Blackkklansman
    Someone putting a dog in a microwave
    Bohemian Rhapsody

Watching Black Panther now. It’s okay

BornToRun likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Most random list of presenters ever

15. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

no love for the Favourite?

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Now that I’ve seen most of the best picture movies this month since it’s been a while for some of them I think I have a solid ranking. Probably not the most popular.

The Favourite
    A star is born
    Roma
    Black panther
    Green book
    Vice
    Bohemian rhapsody
    Blackkklansman

I didn’t like either BoRap or Blackkklansman but I think the music and live aid scene raised it just ever so slightly above Blackkklansman, which really disappointed me.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I haven’t watched yet. It’s still in theaters here so we were planning on getting out to it by Sunday but we have a wedding. Maybe tonight

yung_ting likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

AndrewSoup likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

20. I've seen half of the BP noms, not really interested in the rest, Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody for obvious reasons. I'm sure A Star is Born and Vice are fine, but I don't feel the need to see them, especially now that 2019 movies are in full swing.

Best movies that weren't nominated for Best Picture:
    If Beale Street Could Talk
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    Crazy Rich Asians
    Eighth Grade
    Searching
    Sorry to Bother You
    Mission Impossible: Fallout
    You Were Never Really Here
    Annihilation
    A Quiet Place

In the recent interview with Trevor Noah, Spike Lee said his nominations wouldn't have been possible without the push for more diverse voters over the past few years. That's great, but there's a long way to go if people are still falling for problematic and/or mediocre Oscar-bait and dismissing anything that isn't a drama.

TSLROCKS likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Hereditary is my top film that wasn't nominated for a single award but should have been.

22. Dog with a Blog

First Reformed

yung_ting likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

The Tale, Blindspotting, Widows

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter