Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 91st Academy Awards (February 24, 2019) TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 4, 2019.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Minding the Gap was incredible

JimmyIymmiJ, Cameron and DrAlanGrant like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It looks like I’m going to rent Silence and finish watching it tonight.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Emma Stone’s accent in The Favourite was pretty good, I thought. But yeah most of the time American actors playing British doesn’t sound great.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

morgantayler likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Roma winning Best Picture would be fantastic. It definitely has the best chance any non-English language film has ever had, of the few that have been nominated.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to catch up on all the stuff I've missed before the show. Was gonna see The Favourite tonight finally but we're gonna get a butt load of snow so I think I'll stay home and watch Minding The Gap and/or Roma.

8. Anthony_

What a joke

9. It's like every time they attempt something to become more relevant it backfires.

10. Anthony_

I don’t understand why they think any of this is a good thing. Anyone who *wants* to watch the ceremony wants to see all the awards. Anyone who doesn’t isn’t going to just because you cut four of them. It’s just pissing off the people they’re trying to retain and making themselves look really bad in exchange for zero benefit.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. flask

Trusted Supporter

GDT knows what’s up as always.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

At the drop of a hat I couldn’t name at least a dozen each of notable cinematographers and editors, but their work is integral to a quality movie and it’s certainly a factor in determining a Best Picture in any given year.

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also this year cinematographer could also go to director and that is amazing and needs to be seen.

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

the academy hates film so much

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if they’ll walk this back the same way they did with the whole “popular film” category.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

[​IMG]

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’m not surprised the academy keeps making dumb decisions because execs think it’ll help the ratings, I’m surprised they keep doubling down on bad decisions despite the fact that there’s been basically universal criticism for every decision they’ve made this year. I’ve yet to read / hear anything saying “yeah this is a good idea” to anything they are doing.... who is their audience at this point

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hopefully last year's best picture and perhaps this year's best picture winners change their mind

incognitojones, Anthony_, mad and 2 others like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Beautifully put.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fun fact, Zooey’s dad is a six time Oscar nominated cinematographer and he’s nominated this year

25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Funny how the sidelined categories are basically the only technical categories where Disney isn’t nominated. Hmmm...