Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 90th Academy Awards (March 4, 2018) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 16, 2018.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Hey guys, anyone interested in the pool, I should have it up by 9 or so PST tonight. Would be sooner but I’ll have to make a new ballot and instructions since AP is gone.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

man, I'm so stoked for Kaluuya

that fucking rules

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Arguably the best slate of nominees since 2007.

4. Davjs

Trusted

No Logan but Three Billboards has multiple noms.....

:worried:

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

So down!

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

Logan got a screenplay nomination - unless you mean for anything else?

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

How fucking dope would it have been for Brooklynn Prince to get nominated?

8. Davjs

Trusted

Oh that is awesome! I missed that and I don't know how! Ignore my comment and carry on then.

Logan needs to replace 3 Billboards on the Best Picture category though

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Finally the Academy recognizes a comic book film with a good story. Three years ago I would have laughed if someone said it would be the third Wolverine movie.

Logan truly was the best comic book film in recent years.

Davjs likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Look at her! What the fuck can Meryl do to beat that???

SpyKi likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously considering doing that best picture marathon if it’s after midterms. I’d even see Three Billboards again to see if maybe I like it better. Plus I haven’t even seen Shape of Water, The Post or Darkest Hour yet.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The only BP nominee I still need to see is Darkest Hour. Woof.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago how I regard 2017, 2007, and 1997 as good years for movies, as in I can count at least 10-15 solid films in each of those years. The last several years I've only liked a few going into awards season.

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Also, can we stop nominating Meryl Streep?

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

I literally was just about to comment with this, haha. I've always wanted to do this, and this is the first time I live near a major market - I know AMC does their two day (or one day) marathon, and depending on which films are showing which day, I'd totally be down.

It's cool too because I actually do like every BP nominee I've seen so far to varying degrees.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Get Out is the first February BP nominee since, wait for it...

Silence of the Lambs.

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol, I think even she would be fine with that. Although I’ve heard her performance in the Post is her best in years.

jkauf likes this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Need to hurry up and see I, Tonya, Mudbound and Darkest Hour.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean, she was really very good in The Post, way more understated and subtle than she has been in recent years. I think she actually deserves this one, personally.

Mrplum5089 and jkauf like this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

I Tonya is solid - was thinking that might be a dark horse over Darkest Hour, but I'm glad it got nominations where it really shines (those two performances and its editing).

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

One day would be tough, I can’t imagine them doing that. That’s like...19 hours at least, plus breaks.

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Fun fact, Lambs was originally slated to come out the previous year in time for awards season consideration but the studio decided to push it back because they wanted to focus their awards marketing to their other big movie, Dances with Wolves.

TJ Wells likes this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

It is, but nothing that extraordinary, especially compared to some other female performances. And we could've excluded her to make up for that Into The Woods nonsense.

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

I know, I couldn't imagine. Every year I look at the schedule and it makes me wonder who would want to watch movies endlessly at 3:30 in the morning or later?

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Awesome to see all of the GDT love.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Anthony_ like this.