Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 90th Academy Awards (March 4, 2018) TV Show • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jan 16, 2018.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

The Rock

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The tweets about Kevin Hart standing up to "left wing rainbow mobs" are wild

I'm not surprised he had fucked up old tweets, I'm surprised he doubled down and refused to apologize, only to apologize while quitting later

Anyway the whole academy should burn down and I think we'd all be fine

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre Eric Andre

Greg, ALT/MSC/FAN, Contender and 4 others like this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Someone said we should be at the point where Tom Hanks should be hosting and now I can’t think of anyone else.

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

how about a woman of colour

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish Tiffany Haddish

Contender, mad, CarpetElf and 2 others like this.
  7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Welp, Kevin Hart just earned himself some jokes on his behalf in the opening monologue.

St. Nate likes this.
  8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

it's pretty easy to say, "I'm sorry I said *insert homophobic statement here.* It was homophobic and I don't do that anymore."

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lady Gaga is just going to host it at this point

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

And backing out of hosting is not new... 2012 Eddie Murphy was slated to host with Brett Ratner producing... after Ratner made homophobic remarks on Stern, he resigned as producer and Murphy followed suit. Was replaced by Billy Crystal, always the safe choice.

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Maya Rudolph is the best choice. One of the funniest/most talented people on the planet.

mad and CarpetElf like this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Henry rollins

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

About time we have a shirtless host

domotime2 likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Co-signed hard. She and Tiffany Haddish were the best part of last year’s show.

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I know a lot of people want them both to host, but honestly I think I prefer just one host to hosting duos. And of those two Maya is the easy pick for me.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah she can sing which is a plus

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Tiffany haddish would be fun but it would also be a train wreck? Did anyone see here trying to announce the names for nominees last year?

I Am Mick likes this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It being a train wreck is good

Tim likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Art awards are silly at their core for things like like films and TV because the projects themselves aren’t always comparable. People inside the industry realize this, but they still enjoy receiving praise from their peers and feel that it could lead to future jobs because job security in that industry is not guaranteed.

Also, have no host. Give the presenters more time to be interesting, pick better presenters (comedians or people comedic in nature, or more appropriate depending on category). There would be more diversity, just based on the fact that 1 person vs a lot of people by nature is more diverse (gender, height, country of origin, race, personality). Also, it’s star heavy now. Let’s get some more Directors and cinematographers into are star status.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Leslie Jones would be good. Or enthusiastic at least.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Jimmy Kimmel was great. Any Poehler and Tina Fey we’re both great. But honestly, why not feet away from the singular host thing? I have had no interest in watching for several years because of who has hosted these things. Take the few a host would make a and spend the money getting more people to host segments. I think more people who host segments would be more likely to donate that money back into industry causes, or major even causes (like damages from California Wildfires for example).

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Lmao

Greg, mad, ALT/MSC/FAN and 6 others like this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

honestly though...this actually makes a lot of obvious sense

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno. I fucking love everything about the actual Oscars ceremony; all the faux seriousness and fancy dresses and shit. I like how fucking outdated it is.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I won’t watch because of a host, but I will not watch because of a host.

What movies has the Rock done lately? Rampage, Fast and The Furious, Baywatch, Jumangi?

Being a great entertainer being a great host are so different. They tried doing the younger actor thing with Anne Hathaway and James Franco. It didn’t work because they are scripted actors and hosting is not their thing.

The Kimmels and Letterman’s are used to Pepe I gotta monologues, and dealing with celebrities, but they are very non threatening. Late night hosts are kinda like the middle man between person on couch and celebrity on couch.

Whomever they pick now will also get heavily scrutinized. Right or wrong. Doesn’t sound appealing.

TJ Wells likes this.