Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 89th Academy Awards (2017) Movie • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jan 24, 2017.

1. I cried.

Golden Globe but w/e

Schooner likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Not for anything but Casey also acknowledged Denzel in his Golden Globe speech and got a thumbs up and a finger point so, there's that. He was probably just sad he didn't win

Schooner likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ray Liotta was almost in a Chazelle movie according to Doughboys. I wonder if he has bad blood with him

5. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Don't know why everyone is making a big deal over Denzel's face. It was just an emotional moment, I don't think he was necessarily sad.

popdisaster00 and AelNire like this.
  6. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

not sure if this was linked already but Perspective | ‘La La Land’ producer Jordan Horowitz is the truth-teller we need right now

“I want to make sure that we’re all talking about the fact that a $1.5 million picture about gay black youth in America won best picture at the Academy Awards,” Horowitz told The Washington Post by phone Monday. “That’s a pretty sensational thing...That moment on stage was not about anything but moving the spotlight to where it should have rightfully been,” he said.

7. Rewatching the moment. Faye Dunaway shouldn't have read the card so quickly. Warren Beatty should've asked for help. Brian Cullinan should've given Beatty the right card in the first place. Fred Berger did seem to go up to the mic after being informed there was a mistake. While "We lost, by the way" was pretty douche-y, I can understand wanting to get a word in after the two other producers already gave their speeches for the sake of "fairness," but that doesn't let him off the hook. Jordan Horowitz handled the situation with so much class, especially the "I want to give this to my friends in Moonlight" that prompted Damien Chazelle, halfway off the stage at the time, to come back and start hugging people, which Emma Stone was already doing (I tried to see whether John Legend stayed but lost track of him). Dunaway should be getting just as much shit for this as Beatty, if not more, because he's not the one who announced the wrong winner. Kimmel handled it all pretty well, taking to self-deprecation with "I blame this on myself" and "I'll never come back."

stayillogical likes this.
  8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, everyone from both Moonlight and La La Land's camps were so awesome. As shitty and confusing as that moment was, rewatching it was really great to see everyone's true colors shine through.

And yeah, that was a dick move from the third LLL producer, but it was a weird moment in general.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

[​IMG]

Lol at Gosling's reaction

I can't believe I used to hate on this dude, he might be my favorite actor now

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Why would you ever hate on him???

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol it was like years ago, around Notebook era and a while after, I stupidly assumed he was just one of those pretty boy actors without a lot of talent

He got my attention with Drive and I've pretty much made a point to see everything he's been in since

12. The Notebook rules

AelNire likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I was the same (he had no lines in Drive so dunno how you can judge) but Nice Guys sealed the deal for me being awesome.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think Crazy Stupid Love won me over, nevermind Blue Valentine was first

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. Notebook --> Half Nelson --> Lars and the Real Girl, that was it for me

stayillogical likes this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I was in since the Say Cheese and Die episode of Goosebumps

17. Davjs

Trusted

A modern classic lol. I don't remember that but now I gotta go watch.

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

been a fan of Gosling ever since this classic show

19. Dog with a Blog

20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

From what I've seen, Kimmel has really nailed this whole Oscars thing. I'm totally fine with him hosting every five years or so

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

In a future ceremony, Matt Damon finally wins an acting Oscar, only to be drenched in pigs blood on the stage with Jimmy off to the side laughing maniacally.

22. Schooner

Trusted

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I keep flip flopping on my feeling about that third LLL producer. I totally get why he still wanted to talk even after finding out they lost, but he didnt handle it the right way. He should have immediately announced that there was a mishap, but that he'd still like to thank his family for their support blah blah.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh god. Immediately after the whole Gary thing I saw someone tweet something along the lines of "NO ONE LOOK INTO GARY'S BACKGROUND! REMAIN IGNORANT! LOOK AT WHAT IT DID TO KEN BONE!"

cshadows2887, Jason Tate and Schooner like this.