Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 89th Academy Awards (2017) Movie • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean, you're taking that on his word. Also not really sure how jumping into bed with his cinematographer in his underwear was planned out.

2. RonandTammy

Regular

I haven't seen that movie for a long time, and I don't remember that scene. What about the shitting scene too?

Schooner likes this.
  3. Anthony_

Are you not familiar with the off-screen, behind-the-scenes conduct that was the impetus of the sexual assault/harrassment allegations against him? I'm not referring to anything that happened on-screen.

4. Schooner

Trusted

That was my argument for Michelle Williams (amazing) 10mins. But I since have gone on to research someon won off 5mins and a nom from 2.5mins in the past

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Who? Name names!

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like he'd make that baseless absurd excuse if it was

7. RonandTammy

Regular

Oh, off-screen? No.

8. Anthony_

When Judi Dench won for Shakespeare In Love she gave the most confused acceptance speech ever. She really couldn't understand why she had won for being in 8 total minutes of the film.

EDIT- Dench said, on the stage: "I feel for eight minutes on the screen, I should only get a little bit of him."

CarpetElf and Schooner like this.
  9. Schooner

Trusted

"
    Shortest Performance to Win an Acting Award: 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds
    By Wook KimFeb. 22, 2013
    With a total screen time of just under six minutes, Beatrice Straight, playing a cheated-on wife in 1976’s Network, surely made every second count. (She’d later gain a bit more fame for playing Wonder Woman’s momand the jumpy paranormal investigator from Poltergeist)

Shortest Performance to Earn an Acting Nomination:
    2 Minutes and 32 Seconds
    English character actor Hermione Baddeley won a Best Supporting Actress nod for her blink-and-you’ll-miss-it work in 1959’s Room at the Top.

"

10. Anthony_

Yeah except I feel like if he did I feel like it would actually hurt his case. Like I said, then he's a sociopath in addition to a creep and assaulter.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Thanks

Schooner likes this.
  12. Schooner

Trusted

Moana was my favourite film of 2016. An animated will one day.

I cried the most during Feast the short before Big Hero 6(I think, with the bulldog) than anything in ages

13. I think the problem is that, as long as Best Animated Film remains a category, you'll continue to see live action films west Best Picture.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think Affleck is just an asshole. I listened to his WTF and while he and Joaquin were certainly attempting to mess with the media and their friends/the industry while making I'm Still Here, nothing I've seen indicates his sexual harassment was anything other than him being a disgusting monster.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. Schooner

Trusted

Which I would hate for animated picture to not be a catagory too

Here's one. Has a foreign language film won BP. Did Passion of The Christ?

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

17. Nathan

Passion of the Christ did not win best picture, thankfully. Nor was it nominated. But no foreign language film has ever won best picture that I can remember. At least not recently.

18. Davjs

Trusted

If Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Raid or Raid 2 haven't won, there is no hope.

19. I love them, but The Raid movies aren't exactly Oscars material lol.

Night Channels and Davjs like this.
  20. Nathan

I'm still salty that Elle couldn't even garner a BP nomination. And that Emma Stone beat Isabelle Huppert.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Guys don't forget Johnny Drama won Best Supporting Actor for his 5 minute scene in Hyde.

22. Davjs

Trusted

X-D

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

24. Schooner

Trusted

VICTORY!!!

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mad and AelNire like this.