Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It will be nominated for, and lose, Best Visual Effects and be in contention for nothing else as per usual lol. Black Panther was the rare comic book movie that breaks through the anti-comic book stigma, I don't think Endgame will be able to accomplish the same thing.

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

She submitted for Supporting. Even though she’s the main female character on that show, I think she’s still a supporting character. BCS is a show with one lead and it’s Saul.

3. Anthony_

Well that's just category gamesmanship that backfired on AMC at that point. Rhea is without question a lead on the show.

4. I think the lead actress category was much more competitive. It's insane that GoT took 4 of the 6 slots for supporting actress.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If Rhea was submitted for supporting and GoT got 4 noms that's even worse. I had assumed she was up for lead actress. Ugh wtf

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I guess I'm not shocked that it received nominations...but it is a little shocking that it received the record amount of nominations given that it's coming off a season in which it received extremely lukewarm reviews by critics and fans/media were pretty much mocking the entire final season. Just kind of a weird ending to what many consider the greatest show of all-time. I figured they'd still recognize the show given it's historic run, but 32 noms feels a bit much.

I think they're getting more 'legacy nods' than actual 'best of the past year' kind of nominations, and to me...that's not the point of these awards.

7. Anthony_

Like I said:

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’ll be totally cool with GOT getting all these legacy noms if the awards go to the more deserving competition.

But mostly I’m just part of the ”give fleabag everything and call it a night” crowd

VanMastaIteHab and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Now I gotta check out Fleabag

CarpetElf and Maybevictor like this.
  10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Well worth your while and not that much of a time commitment, two 3ish hour seasons (6 episodes a piece)

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I don’t watch much British series but I like their system, short and to the point

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

tonight

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Who’s fucking ready for GoT to win Best Drama so the casuals will finally realize that the Emmys are worthless?

CarpetElf and Serh like this.
  14. xkaylinh Sep 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2019)
    Omg Phoebe's dress

Edit: did they just cut to commercial right as Jameela walked up

Edit 2 and then when they come back to interview her the guy cuts off her answer to the last question wtf

Edit 3 switching to network? Oh so this was local coverage.

Edit 4 omg Patricia Clarkson's dress

Edit 5 omg Gwendoline Christie's everything

Edit 6 also Mandy Moore and Sophie Turner

Edit 7 also Zendaya and Laverne Cox

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pulling for succession

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I am going to SCREAM when succession loses writing to fucking game of thrones.

17. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

is this worth watching

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Tag me if and when Fleabag wins.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope, almost never do. I usually just try to watch the speeches if my favorites win.

20. Haha they just spoiled who kills the night king

21. phaynes12

that's fucking creepy

22. phaynes12

it's been out for like half a year, who gives a shit

23. phaynes12

i hope it's one of the barry bros

24. Anthony_