Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Jameela and D'Arcy both deserve supporting actress recognition tbh

Honestly if any show's entire cast + all their guest stars deserve nominations it's The Good Place. Stoked that Maya Rudolph got in for playing the Judge. Michael McKean should've gotten a Guest Actor in a Comedy nod to go along with his Guest Actor in a Drama one.

Garrett L. and CarpetElf like this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t hate the Game of Thrones ending or anything but I do think they went a little overboard with those nominations. Gwendolyn Christie, amazing!! Alfie Allen, ehhhhhhhhhhh.

3. Anthony_

When they give Drama Series to GoT the internet will literally implode so I'm kind of looking forward to it.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

No D'Arcy nom?

emmys are a joke

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Happy to see the recognition to Dead To Me, The Act, Chernobyl, Fosse/Verdan

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Comedy Series, Limited Series, Lead Actress in a Comedy Series are all stacked.

Pulling for Anthony Carrigan.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Anthony_

I wouldn't bet on Veep losing in any category it's nominated for other than where it has multiple nominees in the same category. And probably Guest Actor in a Comedy Series as well.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So many of my favorites are up against each other. Really hope for a bunch of Fleabag upsets too.

I Am Mick likes this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I never watched Game of Thrones but surprised to see it set a record amount of nominations given that the IMDB ratings for each episode were shockingly low (For GOT's standards) and it didn't fare too well with the critics (58% on RT) and it seemed to be universally panned across social media.

Anyway, happy to see Barry, Better Call Saul and Ozark represented. Chernobyl too.

CarpetElf and Fronnyfron like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Very surprised for the GoT love. I didn’t hate or love the last season, but nominating the most hated ep for direction is funny(The Last of the Starks).

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Emmys inviting the most talked about show of the year for da ratings!

morgantayler likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

shoutout schitt’s creek

Contender and morgantayler like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Allen has legit been one of the strongest actors in the series. If it's a legacy award, so be it
    Same with Sophie Turner

Contender, Anthony_ and Garrett L. like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Where is D'Arcy tho

17. Anthony_

Yeah I’m totally fine with all of the actors getting legacy nods. And all the technical awards it 100% deserves. It’s just Best Drama Series and Writing that is making me scratch my head.

Cameron and CarpetElf like this.
  18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Thoughts on the nominations:
    - Give Fleabag everything. I'm glad it got so much love for a phenomenal season
    - Glad that Big Bang Theory left with very little
    - Wish Catastrophe's final season got a little more love.
    - SNL got way too much attention for a pretty awful season
    - Barry getting more love

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lots of people upset that their favorite extremely small show that no one watched got “snubbed.”

me too, i think you should leave deserves best comedy and best guest star for the focus group guy

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

[IMG]

Anthony_ and phaynes12 like this.
  21. Rhea Seehorn not getting nominated over FOUR actresses from Game of Thrones is the only snub I'm scratching my head wondering how it happened. Better Call Saul is hardly a small show no one watches.

22. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

All the GoT noms just seem like a culmination thing. Just nominating people based on their work through the entire series.

Very surprised to see the omission of Stephen Dorff.

Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  23. Anthony_

Wouldn't Rhea Seehorn be up for Lead Actress?

24. Anthony_

Yeah I'm surprised to see so many people shocked at how many nominations GoT got. The Emmys do this every year a big show completes its run, it's nothing new. It's one of the biggest legacy problems with the Television Academy.

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Going to be interesting how the oscars handle endgame.