Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 69th Primetime Emmy Awards TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

That was a lot better than I thought it would be

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I do not understand the love for San Junipero. I LOVE Mackenzie Davis but easily my least favorite episode of Black Mirror (that I've seen. Still a handful to go)

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I do not understand the people who don't understand the love for San Junipero. But for some reason there's a lot of them.

electro haikus and Contender like this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Elizabeth Moss: she graduated from high school two years early. WHO IS THIS ANNOUNCER?

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Was it just me or did certain portions of Eli Moss's speech get cut out?

6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Maybe she tried to plug Scientology and they weren't having it.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Also, damn Stranger Things didn't get any awards

clucky likes this.
  8. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Lord xenu ain't cool bruh

oncenowagain likes this.
  9. Wooo. Super glad Moss finally won.

oncenowagain likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jermaine Fowler

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure she said Fuck twice.

12. Did Aziz let Lena talk the entire time or was he played off when he walked to the mic?

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think he even tried to take the mic. He let let Lena talk the whole time which was awesome.

14. At first I thought he was walking up to it at the very end before patting her on the back? Not sure how to read his body language. I mean, it's cool if he did let her speak the whole time. *shrug*

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I guess idk. I was flipping between football and emmys so I may have missed it.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it must have been hard for Aziz, he's one chatty motherfucker

17. xkaylinh Sep 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2017)
    aziz ansari speech - Twitter Search

People seem pretty split on whether he intended to let her speak the entire time. And they're mentioning that he got played off last time as well.

edit: Might as well close off this subject since everyone's probably asleep now (ugh one thing I hate about being on the west coast in this forum). There's no denying that Lena winning is a big moment. Letting her speak the entire time is indeed a classy thing to do. His body language suggests to me that he wanted to say something and got played off, but he handled it like a champ. Either way, the fact of the matter is that he has two back-to-back wins in this category and zero acceptance speeches.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think Aziz leaned in to see if the mic was still hot and it hasn't so he walked away.

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Seriously. It's one of the best self-contained stories in the history of TV and it never gets any less beautiful on repeat viewings. One of those rare things that makes me wish I could watch it for the first time again, it lived in my head for days after

20. Anthony_ Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Veep had its weakest season arguably ever this year. Atlanta was a top three show on television in 2016, comedy or drama, and definitely deserved that win 100%. Anyway I'd rather have a weak Veep season win than something like a Modern Family or a Big Bang Theory.

Still though, so happy with how diverse a lot of the winners were, and the nominees as well. In Best Comedy Series, just for example, Silicon Valley was the only nominee fronted exclusively by white male protagonists. That was pretty awesome to see.

Lena Waithe's speech was the highlight of the night, with the other highlight being Donald Glover's two wins. Riz Ahmed's speech was also very good, and another milestone for the Emmys as I believe he was the first man of Asian descent to win in that category.

Ken likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

There's too much Veep hate in here. It didn't steal anything from Atlanta or Parks & Rec. It's been one of the funniest, smartest comedies on TV during its run. Its wins are 100% deserved. That said, I think @Anthony_D'Elia has a great point--I think we'd all rather have a show like Veep or Atlanta or Parks & Rec win over something like a Modern Family or a Big Bang Theory. Maybe @Dirty Sanchez disagrees.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love Veep so much, it's been arguably the funniest show on television for ears now. I just thought that this particular season was weaker and, when compared to Atlanta, didn't deserve to win this year specifally. But I love the show!

Ken likes this.
  23. Joe Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2017)
    Happy to see wins for Donald Glover, Aziz and Lena, and San Junipero. Gonna pretend Ann Dowd won for The Leftovers. Also, Sterling K. Brown had the best speech, hands down.

EDIT: He finished his speech backstage.