Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 68th Primetime Emmy Awards TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

What I said about Sarah Paulson above also applies to Courtney B. Vance.

I called it from the first second of watching his performance as Johnny Cochran.

2. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Godddd I'm so in love with Michelle Dockery!! She should have been nominated for this last season of Downton Abbey.

Side note A Very Murray Christmas was devastating and wonderful and should have won.

3. Anthony_ Sep 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2016)
    Anthony_

All The Way was very good. Surprised they went with Sherlock over some of the other nominees.

4. cybele

Yeah I've never been a huge fan of Sherlock so I can't attest to the quality but it feels like there were definite better options within that category.

5. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

The limited series category used to be one nobody payed attention to, now within a few years it's pretty much the main event category of the entire awards.

EDIT
    they gave them 30 seconds, so i guess not.

6. cybele

I was surprised how quickly they shoved them off, and cutting off the mic after one of the producers thanked her wife wasn't the best look

7. Anthony_ Sep 18, 2016
    Anthony_

I'm a big fan of Sherlock but The Abominable Bride was not, from my understanding, very well-loved outside of the diehard fans. I enjoyed it a lot but I also have huge man-crushes on both Benedict Cumberbatch AND Martin Freeman so I'm not the most reliable source.

cybele likes this.
  8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Honestly thought American Crime and OJ Simpson American Crime Story were the same thing and people were just abbreviating.

9. Anthony_

Well, they let Louie Anderson talk for most of the show's first hour after stealing Tituss Burgess's Emmy so they're probably running behind.

cybele likes this.
  10. Anthony_

Mulaney, Schumer, and Oswalt all had absolutely incredible standup specials last year. That said, really glad Oswalt won, especially after the year he's had.

cybele likes this.
  11. joe727

lol TYT's John Iodarola got on the Emmys.

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Happy for Patton but I was not a fan of that special

13. cybele

I was pulling for Mulaney from the start but honestly happy for Patton Oswalt, especially after the year he's had.

... Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington? Sure, why not

14. Anthony_

Kit Harrington is so damn cool.

15. ianzandi

Regular

I got to be a seatfiller last week for the creative arts ceremonies and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Got to mingle with Bill Nye and Jane Lynch afterwards.

I watch mostly comedies so I'm kinda biased.That being said, my personal favs this year are Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Master of None, Love, Rick and Morty, Transparent, Lady dynamite

Modern Family was good but I feel it's run it's course. Never been a fan of Big Bang. The Downton noms make sense since they ended their show.

Above all else, I just finished Crazy Ex Girlfiriend and that show is one of the most original in years. It's amazing that they have a show of that quality on the friggin CW

cybele likes this.
  16. Anthony_

SO HAPPY FOR JOHN OLIVER.

Well deserved.

17. cybele

That's so cool! I know a couple of people who have been seat fillers before and I'm super jealous all the time tbh. Idk if I'd even be able to handle talking to Bill Nye or Jane Lynch haha.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is such a fantastic show I recommend it to pm everyone ever

cwhit and ianzandi like this.
  18. Anthony_

I don't love Jimmy Kimmel's show but his fake feud with Matt Damon will never not be funny.

ianzandi and cybele like this.
  19. joe727

I'm still mad that shitty ripoff of Fables, Once Upon A Time is still on the air. Thanks for reminding me that it exists ABC...

20. Anthony_

Bummed for Chris Rock there. Would've been awesome for him to win for directing Schumer's special.

21. Anthony_ Sep 18, 2016
    Anthony_

Happy for Key and Peele to win for their show's final season. Wish they had kept the show going though.

22. cybele

Stoked for Key and Peele!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  23. Anthony_

Rami Malek better be leaving this show with a statute in his hand, goddammit.

joe727 likes this.
  24. joe727

Rami looking sharp

cybele and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  25. Anthony_ Sep 18, 2016
    Anthony_

Well, that doesn't bode well for Mr. Robot.

Game of Thrones is a great show but the writing is nowhere near as strong as on Mr. Robot.