Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Retire The Pink Aesthetic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

CoffeeEyes17 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

1975 death metal record, calling it.

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

One of the best bands of this generation. They have mastered pop rock.

I can't wait.

4. aniafc

Trusted

It's a bummer that they won't be touring again until October 2018, but they definitely deserve the time off.

Very excited for this next record

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This was so cool

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

In no way does this band deserve to hold such a title.

marsupial jones likes this.
  7. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Please explain, would like to know who you would put in that spot...

8. Michael Qualiano Jul 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2017)
    Michael Qualiano

mikeq

It just baffles me when people call this band innovative when their sound has already been mastered by the likes of bands like New Order and M83. Their songs are lack any real depth and they just seem to try so hard to appear that they don't care, these privileged dudes who know they're cashing in with every verse and hook. Wanna good British pop band, check out Blur.

And Radiohead is the only band for that distinction

(Don't want to start a riot, clearly just my own opinion)

TJ Wells and theredline like this.
  9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I like The 1975 better than Radiohead. I also don't like Radiohead. Also The 1975 is better than Radiohead.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Radiohead is obviously a great band but I'm way more attached to The 1975's discography.

Daniel182 and Jason Tate like this.
  11. This band is :ok:

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

13. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

You're all insane. Good lord...

14. St. Nate

Also hooks are good and getting money for writing good hooks is good.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate to go after individual users, but I consistently see you being antagonistic just like this and it's a real bummer.

16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Also one could argue that Radiohead and The 1975 are different generation bands.

(Still would choose The 1975 over Radiohead ANY day)

Bryan Diem and FTank like this.
  17. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Blur are one of my favourite bands, especially growing up in the storm of their Britpop height through to even today. One of the bands I've loved for the longest amount of time.

I also really love Radiohead.

The 1975 are also one of my favourite bands and one of the best producing and performing today.

We're going to be okay.

18. Wall Of Arms

Also, I'm glad they're not back until October next year, they can burn themselves out a little with their relentless and near-unrivalled touring schedule, so they need and deserve a lengthy break - I wouldn't bat an eye if they took even longer.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. goation

Regular

The 1975 are a fantastic band but they aren't as groundbreaking as people say they are. There was already a firm foundation for them to build their sound and brand off of. However, they write great music and leave nothing to chance as far as their brand and presentation goes, which is why they are one of the best bands. Does it matter if Radiohead or the 1975 are better? No, not really

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Forever trying to get into Radiohead, forever hoping I do. Maybe this winter it will click.

21. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Radiohead and the 1975 are on different planets. The notion that this band is a game changer is just completely inaccurate. I saw the comment about them being the best band of the generation and I commented. The notion that is band holds a candle to acts like Radiohead, Bob Iver, Sigur Ros, LCD Soundsystem, etc is just not accurate. They have two albums out. One of which got destroyed in the press.

22. Wall Of Arms

I don't really ever see them spoken about being truly groundbreaking. What they are, undeniably, is masters of their craft and that extends into marketing, branding, aesthetics and sound.

23. St. Nate

samesies...

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  24. Wall Of Arms

And?

FTank likes this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

the definition of opinion

Bryan Diem and ComedownMachine like this.