Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Release Full Live Concert Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

So so epic

3. ben.

This is so fortunate! I was at this gig. In spirit. Fell in the trap of drinking too much and couldn't recall a huge amount of it.

4. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This is the best I've heard them live, ever. Probably fixed a lot in post on this one, but I don't care. They sound amazing.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

flawless

6. failinginplace

Regular

fuck, i don't know how this band knocks it out of the park so well. this is shot so damn well. camera angles, the switch between handheld and steadicam and stationary, and that awesome overhead shot. and their stage design is on point. i'm jealous of these cinematographers. a 9 day turnaround on an entire concert is badass, too. fantastic show :)

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

Amazing performance. Great production of this video too. Bands should strive for this kind of concert film. Loved firing this up on YouTube on the Xbox in the living room and watching this on the big TV with surround sound. Truly mesmerizing

failinginplace likes this.
  8. Neon Light

rage and love

I saw a link to this on Facebook and clicked on it just to check out the first couple of songs and ended up watching the whole thing. Incredible show by an incredible band.

9. ARo24

Regular

Haha I literally did the same thing. This was so well done.

10. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

This video is making me want to try to get tickets for their show in Madrid in February. They're reasonably priced so I'm gonna see if my boyfriend wants to come with even though he's not a huge fan

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Even if he's not a fan their live performance is seriously one of the best I've ever seen.

12. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

How is this set list for someone trying to get into this band? I've tried with both their albums and find the more high tempo songs (Girls, Love Me, She's American) cool, but the rest kind of lacking... Is this a good mix of stuff that might win me over? I really want to "get" this band since they seem super fun.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

It's ok as far as those terms go...it seems some of the more ambient/instrumental tracks is the hump that some people have difficulty crossing over, and they definitely packed some of those into this setlist. The middle chunk especially. However, in general I'd say an almost 2-hour live set would not be the best way to get into a band. I could certainly recommend you a 1975 playlist that might get you into them. Let me know!

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  14. Brodobaggins34

That would be awesome man. My thoughts on the live video would be the energy would translate a little better / being musically inclined, I could see how they did thing and that would peak my interest.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

Give these songs a try, I recommend he playlist in this order. Mostly upbeat songs but a few that might get you a little deeper into the catalogue. I kept some of the bigger singles to balance it out. It's taken me most of the year to finally get into their older EP stuff but I've really been enjoying that stuff lately.

This Must Be My Dream
    She's American
    She Way Out
    Milk
    UGH!
    Heart Out
    Pressure
    Menswear
    Lostmyhead
    You
    The City
    Girls
    Sex
    The Sound
    Chocolate

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  16. Brodobaggins34

Thanks for this man. I've listened to it through twice now. Some really catchy, cool stuff on there.

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Totally man, I'm glad you enjoyed he playlist and it sounds like it did what you were hoping!