Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 / Pale Waves / Colouring Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 23, 2017.

1. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

[​IMG]
    Their setlist is getting shorter, and as is becoming tradition for them, whatever "new" songs they add get dropped after the first few shows on the tour. It can be incredibly frustrating being a fan of this band sometimes...

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That's 21 songs... the other nights have been 22-23 which is not that much of a drop, plus they rotated Paris in. Honestly their set is almost 2 hours long and they sounded really tight as usual, there's no way you'll walk out of the venue unsatisfied unless they do what they did in the fall and dramatically shorten their set to 16-18 songs.

They seem to be in much better shape than they were at this point during the last album cycle. I remember seeing them right before they wrapped up S/T and matty's voice was shot and they did not look happy on stage. You can tell they are tired now, but nowhere near that.

3. heymattrick

I don't think I'd be unsatisfied, it's still a great set for what it is. And it's no one else's fault that I've chosen to go see them so many times on the same album cycle, but there have been several songs they've added and dropped. I saw them 8 times last year and going 3 more this tour. "The City", "This Must Be My Dream", "Head.Cars.Bending" got played a few times and then dropped and I didn't get to see any of those. "Menswear" and "Milk" are gone again, now so is "Me" and "Undo". "Paris" always gets rotated back in, they've played it almost every time I've seen them. Just a bummer when you see them playing different things in other cities but then they go back to the same old thing by the time they make it to your city.

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

Well, in the case of This Must Be My Dream, Matty was saying in some video interview about the new album at the end of last year that that song is the most difficult for him to perform live, so that's probably why it didn't stick around.

As for the others, aside from Me because everyone knows Matty loves that song, I'm sure they're just tired of playing them at this point since they've all been around since 2012/2013.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to throw them in to switch things up for old time's sake, but they probably just aren't feeling some of the old ones after a few nights. Menswear, Undo, and Milk all got full tours last year in the spring and fall, so I don't blame them for jettisoning them.

I didn't start going to their shows until late 2015 so I haven't seen a ton of the old stuff, but, at this point, if they wanna switch it up with the old stuff, I'd love to see them throw in Pressure or even throw in Antichrist (which I think they've never played).

5. heymattrick

TMBMD is my favorite song by them, and they literally stopped playing TMBMD four days before I went to see them on the fall tour. Played it for 18 shows then right before I flew to see them in Chicago, they dropped it. Never came back. I don't get how it's hard to perform live...I just hope they choose to play ILIWYS in full sometime so there's a chance they'll play it again.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I didn't see them at all on the last tour but I was following the setlists and was bummed to see they dropped This Must Be My Dream, but I get it in hindsight once Matty said it was tough for him to play

7. Tommy72

First time seeing them last night in Mesa, and what a treat.

Nothing like an amazing Arizona sunset, being able to lay on the grass and watch an amazing show all around.

Heart Out, A Change Of Heart, Paris and Robbers all in a row was absolutely amazing.

I can't believe I fell in love with this band so late, but I'm making up for lost time.

thenewtypetheory and Deathco_019 like this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

How are the openers?

9. Jerihoar

Regular

From what I saw of Pale Waves pretty good. Its easy to top last time openers...070 shake

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Yeahhhhh not hard to top 070 Shake haha

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Pale Waves was decent tonight but sounded waaaay too much like The 1975

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Me and Menswear tonight. No Paris.

We lucked out last time in SD. Had Paris and This Mist Be My Dream

13. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I'd rather have Me and Menswear. Two of the top 10

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Has 9 been a pretty common start time for them on this tour?

15. bobby_runs

Was last night. With two openers and listed start time of 8.

16. jordanjohnson09

Regular

the set from last night topped at 18. i'm nervous.

17. thenewmatthewperry

Last night matty said that they cannot play "You" because this tour is about getting them in the mindset to record "Music for Cars". He went on to say that only the songs most important and personal to them would be played going forward.

heymattrick and smowashere like this.
  18. thenewmatthewperry

19. heymattrick

[​IMG]
    Pretty awesome! There were only about 10 of us, the tour manager said it would be quick because they "had a jam-packed afternoon of press". We were the first group, shook each of their hands, and got to take the photo real quick. Mentioned to them that it was going to be my 10th time seeing them in the last year, and that we're going to MSG too. Of course, had to make the quick mention about This Must Be My Dream being our favorite and we hoped they'd play it again someday, and got a polite rejection "Oh...we'll try our best". Haha. Then we just kinda waited til they were done with everyone else, and then just hung out a couple more minutes while they randomly signed other things for people. Pretty cool of the radio station to do it, all it took was a simple tweet and I won.

20. Frobert

Regular

It looks like they've started playing Medicine instead of Robbers. I was really hoping they'd keep Robbers in the set for Piqniq.

21. heymattrick

I was pretty surprised no Robbers either of the Denver shows. Medicine is one of those songs that they always seemed to skip every time I saw them, so finally seeing it last night was quite the treat. Along with Menswear being back.

22. bobby_runs

I kinda cried when SD didn't get Robbers in October. But we did get This Must Be My Dream.

Two weeks ago Robbers came back. And I had the best seats I've had for one of their shows.

heymattrick likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Menswear's gonna kill me when I see them

24. emlantzy

Regular

I can't believe they took Robbers off again. I saw them last October/November when they did the two dates in Pittsburgh and they played it one night and replaced it with Paris the second. Hopefully they'll be switching it on and off again :/

25. Frobert

Regular

Set times were released for Piqniq and the 1975 goes on at 9:30. So it looks like they'll get a solid 80-90 minutes to play, which is great news

heymattrick and Daniel182 like this.