Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 386

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Per this tweet there are credible allegations against 3 of the 4 members of this band. I don’t know if there’s any more info out there but this was shared in the accountability thread and thought it should be cross posted here too.

brendanmachow likes this.
  2. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I haven't the slightest clue as to what is going on.. but there's supposed accusations towards 3/4 members in the band and those affiliated with the band? I knew of the situation with the music video director.

More information here:
    Our Final Statement (Hopefully)

Right now all I have seen are random accounts posting and dm'ing each other on various socials. But no evidence posted publicly as of yet. I would imagine if that was being passed around it would've been posted by now, but who knows.

3. brendanmachow

not a doctor

We were in sync with this one sadly.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. I don't even have words I'm just sad disgusted and disappointed

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Can't fully tell what's going on - will there be more details released in the future?

6. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I'm hoping so, accusations are apparently being sent to a BBC reporter.

Things right now are vague (outside of the original distaste for how the Adam Powell situation was handled)

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

But we don’t know what it is yet, right?

8. No we don't but I'm not here to play detective and neither are you.

9. I feel like a BBC reporter being involved (whether to confirm or deny the accusations) is a pretty big deal. maybe I’m wrong with that but

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I’m not. Just wondering if you knew something that is making you sad, disgusted, and disappointed.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Accusations against the band members are mainly about them not speaking up at all about Dirty Hit/the video director dude? I can't tell exactly what's going still from the tweets

12. I'm not seeing anything any of you aren't but you gotta wonder when you listen to a song like Girls

13. brendanmachow

not a doctor

That was how I originally took the wording of the petition page.

14. "Credible allegations" implies something deeper than the photographer, no?

15. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I should have been clearer, the petition page has been updated since first published. It was originally focused on the Adam Powell situation.

16. Mort Michaels

I don't care much about them not commenting on the music video director, but if they are directly implicated in serious allegations that's disgusting.

17. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Yeah, feeling pretty fucked up right now and anxious.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"credible allegations" posted by a middleperson twitter account with a change.org petition linked at the top of the thread, with no other information, means... i don't know

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i literally have no idea who is saying these allegations or credible or why they are credible

20. I mean it says in the one post they’ve heard allegations about “three of the four 1975 members”

21. Mort Michaels

That's why I'm waiting to see what it is, but preparing for the worst outcome.

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i mean, i do not want to come out swinging for matty healy, feel like this stuff is going to come out about basically any man in a band i like and i should be less defensive about it, but this raises more questions than it answers and none of us are in a position to answer them

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also why is the lede so fucking buried here

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It also says in the post they are in talks with a writer from the BBC so they’re clearly going to take this to the press, which I’d say makes the allegations quite serious (not that they wouldn’t be otherwise)