Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 377

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Fauci just said fall 2021 at best. I think it’s legit.

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

I agree in the sense that they only have dates scheduled through the summer right now. However, ruling out the possibility of shows for the entirety of the year is where I think it’s different.

3. Jusscali

Maybe they just hate us

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

I have personally felt victimized by The 1975 since November 2016 when "This Must Be My Dream" was permanently uninstalled from their setlist :shrug:

Jusscali and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  5. thenewmatthewperry Jan 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2021)
    thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

>uninstalled :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

150Wrds and heymattrick like this.
  6. Matty then posted in his story that if things had cleared up by winter he’d consider a few small/intimate shows

heymattrick likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I know Ross has said they're largely against doing livestreams. That's just so unfortunate because their live visuals would make a livestream so great.

Since they'll never, ever follow through on their grand scheme of doing the multiple nights in one venue where they play through all the EPs and Albums, and since those venues would have been smaller and most fans wouldn't get to go, that would be the perfect thing for a livestream. Play through all their albums in full, then they never have to answer to calls to "Play Antichrist live" ever again, they can get all of the Notes songs one opportunity for a live airing, and then move on with whatever they want to do next.

8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They would kill a live stream. Set up a studio space like Underoath did with The Observatory.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I really hope all bands start off with doing intimate shows. Even with the vaccine this fall, I can't see it being safe to go to the packed venues The 1975 played in the before times.

Jusscali and smowashere like this.
  10. i know intimate shows are probably the safest way to go, but literally all i want is to dance to the new songs in a giant stadium.

heymattrick likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if Phoebe and Beabadoobee both bailed on the tour (they both have albums that will be over a year old or close to it before they can tour them) and they (The 1975) just said it's not worth continuing to reschedule when our tour mates both dropped.

heymattrick likes this.
  12. Jusscali

Intimate forever. Fuck a stadium.

also appears Matty boys social hiatus has officially ended lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Uhhh intimate shows are likely the last to happen. You’re more like to attend a half full arena or stadium show. Lol.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah intimate shows means what? A smaller venue? You think it won’t be shoulder to shoulder at a 1975 show?

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

The "smallest" venue I've seen The 1975 at is 2,500 and the largest crowd I've seen them in was at Reading, probably at least 80,000.

I'd honestly take the 80,000 crowd over the smaller one for The 1975.

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I saw them in a 1,500 person venue in Spokane and the lil teens were SO loud

17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Surprised they kind of backed away from doing a Music For Cars box. Wonder if it’s because of ecological concerns or if they think folks won’t buy it.

heymattrick likes this.
  18. Jusscali

It’ll be something to hold us over until 2024 lol don’t you worry

heymattrick likes this.
  19. heymattrick

Sending my love

I would have loved an MFC box set that had the lyric graphics from each of the songs (the ones that they were posting for each song during the Listening Parties earlier this year). The Notes packaging on vinyl was super underwhelming. I totally understand the ecological concerns, but I'm curious how much the impact really is by going the minimalist packaging. I don't need my vinyl wrapped in shrinkwrap, but I do still want the lyrics inside the gatefold. There was very little cohesion between the ABIIOR & NOACF artwork.

20. while we're daydreaming, I would love a MFC-era documentary. despite the delays it was a really prolific period, would love to see more from behind the scenes.

SpyKi likes this.
  21. Jusscali

I’m honestly surprised we’ve never gotten a Bts recording session either

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I didn’t buy this record in vinyl because I assumed there would be a box set at some point

23. Jusscali

Jokes on them eh

24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

girls

food

gear

25. Jusscali

Matty posting his love for pine grove tonight...