Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 372

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Same and then I went back to the original and got chills listening to it.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That “I Like America” cover rules. Hot damn.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Agreed. ABI is their best as a full unit for me

4. McClenaghan Nov 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2020)
    McClenaghan

Lurker Supporter

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting this album now that the temperatures are a bit cooler, and I gotta say it hits different. I feel like it was released at the wrong time of the year.

6. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Agreed. I just couldn't get into it beyond the singles when it first released. But now with fall in swing and winter coming this record hits differently for sure.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Is this going to be a cozy by the fire with snow falling outside record? V possible

8. drummerAVA

Trusted

Yeahhh, this is definitely a fall record... the cool air, fall colors, the long shadows in the late afternoon... those type of vibes.

David Parke likes this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2 Nov 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2020)
    sawhney[rusted]2

Me & You Together Song is incredible

like seriously, I'm so so disappointed we could go absolutely wild in GA to it

10. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I took my dog for a walk with the intention to listen to a podcast and instead I listened to this song over and over. I want to cry every time I hear it. It is so fucking good. I know that part of it is that my mom (who passed away almost 2 years ago) loved 90's alt rock and would have loved that song. Someone else here said it was a song they felt like they knew their whole life and I can't emphasize enough how true that feels.

11. That song makes me so happy

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love most of the album but I still can't get over Frail State of Mind and Me & You Together Song. Just two of the most perfect pieces of music I've heard in years.

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Heard the album yesterday for the first time in a while and I kept finding parts I’ve never noticed before

14. those and I Think There's Something You Should Know are the ones I'd probably put in their top 10

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This album feels like one gigantic mixtape and I love it.

smowashere and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

Definitely one of those mixtapes that I would have made in the late 90s/early 00's, downloading all the songs from Limewire/Napster

17. drummerAVA

Trusted

Werkin’ from home, listening to this album and acting a fool... appreciating this thread revival lol

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I mean this in a nice way, but the track listing for this album feels this way too. Like you downloaded a bunch of "Track 5" and have no idea what order to put them in

19. drummerAVA

Trusted

I know exactly what you mean lmao.

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I do hope that on their next release they go short and sweet. 10 track, focused album. Not that I dislike this one by any means, I just think another sprawling album after this would give me heartburn.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

10 track guitar pop album please.

I'm here for anything they want to bless me with though tbh.

stars143, FTank, Cameron and 5 others like this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I forget who in this thread first posted it, but GOD DAMN that Charli Adams cover of I Like America is so beautiful.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Listening now to the cover holy fucking shit

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I think I would feel weirdly cheated if they released an album under 15 tracks at this point lmao they have spoiled me rotten. would be cool if they put out like a 10 track DLID album next tho :eyes:

Contender, sawhney[rusted]2 and SpyKi like this.
  25. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Bi-annual reminder that You is one of the best songs ever created.

Daniel182 likes this.