Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 370

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wait when I search them I only get playlists or the 1975//dlid

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

smowashere likes this.
  3. has to be fake - feel like if DLID ever comes back it will be with (mostly) new material. old recordings would probably be remixed like what they did with Milk.

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

People upload stuff like this all the time on streaming services only for it to get taken down. I’d imagine that’s what happened here

stars143 likes this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

smowashere likes this.
  6. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

Five years of Love Me today.

7. drummerAVA

Trusted

How has it been 5 years...? Probably my favorite era.

Aregala likes this.
  8. that's a fun little video. i'd never seen it before.

9. drummerAVA

Trusted

Definitely bopping to some ILIWYS right now.

10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I’ll never forget the mystery and excitement of them entering into the ILIWYS era

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You should binge all their videos, they're consistently awesome

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. drummerAVA

Trusted

Then Because She Goes...

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

very firmly not a full album fan of these guys by now, but i must say i put this record on at work yesterday and engaged with way more of it than i expected to. far past being able to put on a brief inquiry in full but clearly this one is still doing some work. "yeah i know" especially stood out on this listen. there's something endlessly effective about that chorus synth line that finishes on the second beat.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. drummerAVA

Trusted

I’ve just found it difficult to spin this album regularly due to the length and... sequencing? (...surely there was maybe a way to go about it, where it flowed just a bit better?)

BUT... that said... it has a lot of top-tier stuff on it. I’d put FSOM easily in my top 10 The 1975 tracks, which is really hard for me, given the quality of their catalog.

Gonna be spinning “Notes” the rest of the day I think. Haven’t listened to it straight through in a minute...

15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

the 1975 are as notorious to me for the ways in which they don't succeed as the ways in which they do. i won't ever be head over heels for their whole schtick but the fact that they constantly swing for the fences will probably keep me passionate for 40-50% of their material.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

FSOM is the golden record on this album and really taps into something special that they don’t quiteeee achieve on a lot of the rest of the record

really love this album to bits, but as others said a full listen is tough. And the sequencing towards the end is still the shoddiest thing they’ve done in forever, even if each of the songs are stellar in their own right

smowashere likes this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

maintain that the sequencing on this is great... especially toward the end???? "having no head" -> "what should i say" -> "bagsy" is such a journey

Matt Chylak, mad, drummerAVA and 3 others like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah tbh the end has the best sequencing I think haha

It's the first half that needs a lot of shuffling around

19. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

What Should I Say, Playing on My Mind, and the intro are my least favorites on this.

20. sawhney[rusted]2

Love those songs, don’t really flow together imo haha

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think my favorite sequence is "i think there's something you should know" -> "nothing revealed" -> "tonight" ->"shiny collarbone" -> "too shy," aka mostly side three i guess. heart of the record baby

Matt Chylak, mad, drummerAVA and 3 others like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh absolutely, that’s when the record clicks into high gear, even if I think FSOM and streaming->TBP are the best songs on this

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

What Should I Say is still my favorite on here

24. drummerAVA

Trusted

The stretch I frequent most...

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

7 years since I first saw them. A girl I was really into took me to see them, I don't even know if I liked them at the time, or just liked her. I never even considered they'd get as big as they have. Anyway, the set list ruled.
    The 1975 Setlist at Lincoln Hall, Chicago

smowashere likes this.