Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 369

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This is #2 for me behind the self-titled.

2. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I think ABIIOR is my favorite. It changes a lot though, band is consistently great.

ethansawyer likes this.
  3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

ABIIOR is my go-to record for the 1975 now

ILIWYS is their most cohesive

NOACF has some of their best, most intricate work

all of their records are incredible. Notes is a fantastic record that got side-stepped by some things outside of their control

someone said that they had a friend that was disappointed by the lack of Matty moments on this record, and I.....kind of agree? ABI was Marty’s bombastic record, NOACF is George’s bombastic record

idk, I can’t shake the feeling that Notes suffers (if one can even call it that) a bit from something

Contender likes this.
  4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I haven't listened in full in a while but every time a song from this comes up in a playlist or whatever I'm like "this is a really fucking good song"

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Love all the songs released as singles but I haven't gone back to this album much. The pandemic changed how I consume music a lot. Less travel to work equals less music for me. Self Titled is still my absolute fav but all the albums are bangers.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh but on this note, the band has so much left to offer. so very excited to see what’s next in store

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m just hyped to see how they fit these songs into a setlist... a long time from now

8. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah not seeing these songs live probably has an impact on my emotional attachment to these songs too

9. ya i feel like the next tour is gonna be one big dance party (assuming live music ever comes back)

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's still too long for me. Some great tracks though.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  11. drummerAVA

Trusted

@3:28... FRA-FRA-FRAAAAIL STAAATE OF MIIINNNND

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

KennyHoopla’s latest ep is really giving me EP vibes in its approach, very strongly

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

that guy is dope

14. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

If You’re Too Shy has been on the Alt Nation Alt 18 for like 4 months

15. Psychslikeyou

Question for you guys about The 1975 store to see if anyone else ran into the same thing - I ordered the pencil pack (+ digital album) and notepad (+ digital album). Got a refund for both because they were out of stock. However, they still showed in stock online a month after I got the email that they were out of stock... Anyways, my refund for each item was only about 3/4ths of the actual price because the digital album is part of the item. Therefore, is the digital album charge essentially a scam for them to keep your money when they don’t ship you anything? And that’s why they don’t change the items to out of stock? Or is it simply a charge because they provide their songs on the internet for free?

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

You’re thinking about it in the wrong direction. The notepad and tshirts are an excuse to sell you a digital album (and have it count towards first week sales). I don’t think there’s any malicious intention to refunding the pieces of the bundle that they aren’t able to fulfill, but agreed that it is annoying that you probably don’t want one of the things in the bundle that they sold you and that’s the thing they can always fulfill.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That was pleasant.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

did a discog run yesterday and ILIWYS is still definitely my #1 but this one is pretty firmly #2 now.

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Drive Like I Do is now on Spotify and Apple Music. Old demos, but I would imagine they’re gearing up to drop new shit like they’ve been talking about forever.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I really hope so

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I like how we all follow the same 1975 update accounts.

David Parke, smowashere and Kyle Max like this.
  23. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It’d be a great time to drop a side project to keep people engaged.

24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The only band I stan

smowashere likes this.
  25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Want to see how many of these ditties I haven’t heard. Thanks for the heads up.