Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 199

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Chance Harbour

Regular

oh what’s the vibe

Contender, Aregala, dadbolt and 2 others like this.
  2. evanmeindl

Birthday Party & YAMTS are very nice but Frail and People are easily two of my favorite 1975 tracks

seimagery likes this.
  3. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

all killer no filler

calling it now.

drummerAVA, SpyKi, bodkins and 2 others like this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I mean I’m whatever on two of the four released. And the one this Friday would need to be drastically different for me to enjoy it based on those videos. I only really like FSOM, so we shall see.

5. Delysid

Regular

I am willing to bet that track 3 is the final “the 1975” intro track

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

would be pretty dope

edit: also just wanna say “road kill” is a very intriguing title for them, for some reason. a lot of these are really. “shiny collarbone” as well just gets me like :eyes:

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I've barely listened to any of the songs off of this but just listened to frail state of mind again and it might be their best song.

8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This guy did a pretty decent job and it really helps break down the composition of the song

seimagery and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  10. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

His one for UGH! is also spectacular.

11. drummerAVA

Trusted

These tutorials are cool... I've really been wanting to get more into music production lately, but the learning curve of the software and how to execute different effects and whatnot just feels so intimidating. Like I wouldn't know where to begin... I've only really ever recorded, edited, and programmed beats into a DAW and programmed bass lines. Pretty basic stuff.

But it's like if someone could point me in the right direction and not make the production aspect look or feel like a chore, I feel like I'd be super into it... there are so many interesting producers out there these days, The 1975 included, where I'm just so intrigued by their sound design.

12. ArmsLikeTeeth Apr 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2020)
    As a current Music Tech major in college, one of the biggest things for me was just hearing certain sounds in recordings I like and wondering how those sounds were produced. Not to say I'm some great producer, but it's definitely helped me learn more.

A big thing I've noticed with The 1975, especially their more "typical" songs (UGH! is a great example) is a lot of the main guitar leads or synth parts are HEAVILY layered. Meaning, if you play a guitar lead, copy it on some type of synthesizer. Maybe use a different synth patch to harmonize it.

13. Delysid

Regular

Yeah I would say music production is a lot of trial and error in general! But that’s part of the fun (if you have time to spend). It’s kind of like cooking haha especially when it comes to objective vs subjective tastes. I’ve been doing it in some capacity for over 10 years though i work more with live sounds and microphones than I do with virtual instruments and synthesis. There’s a ton of great stuff out there now however to get you started and if you have a Mac I know they’ve been offering an extended 90 day trial of Logic Pro x

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

I echo the last two comments. I got into production by wondering how to make certain sounds/effects and it all just built from there.

15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Oh. My. Goodness. PHOEBE

Onlyadirector likes this.
  16. I agree, but... why?

Kyle Max and RyanRyan like this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus Christ 2005 is floating around already. Phoebe is on it and sings verse 2.

Slangster, Cameron and RyanRyan like this.
  18. RyanRyan Apr 2, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2020)
    RyanRyan

Ngl I forgot how much I didn’t like this song when it first popped up online and my stance hasn’t changed...Phoebe being on it is wicked and I am mad happy about that but I just can’t vibe with any song opening with the lyrics ‘I’m in love with Jesus Christ, I’m in love I’ll say it twice’.

Reading the lyrics like...I get it. I do. And the planes in the sea verse is beautiful. But any time I hear the opening lyrics I just wince. That’s a me thing regarding religion and my experiences. Can’t be helped.

First song of them all that I’m properly disappointed with. Just need Too Shy and the full album now.

19. Jusscali

I actually think George did as much as he could to save it. I enjoy it wayyyyy more than I thought I would. I’ll just consider it a lil interlude that’s 4 min long lol

20. This song is so gorgeous but they gotta stop dropping slow songs as singles

RyanRyan likes this.
  21. RyanRyan

Yeah to say Too Shy was next then release this is just...hmmm...

ArmsLikeTeeth and Jusscali like this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I stan 1975 I stan Phoebe harder so I definitely look past some of the flaws of this. Really enjoy the mood of this song though. Perfect level of sad.

23. chris-wrecker

Trusted

i love this one

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is way better than be my mistake

25. Jusscali

Yes I think it is as well