Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 197

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah otherwise I can see some merit, I'd actually think it would be good to release music now when everyone's bored but I have no idea if it would actually be good in terms of sales.

2. socklord

Trusted

The album is probably done. I doubt they push the release back a month because they still need to finish the album. If that were the case, then they'd probably need more than a month to finish it. It very likely has to do with the physical release and such. I mean, I got an email yesterday that the vinyl isn't gonna be shipped until mid-June.

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. I mean every artist’s sales and tour income is going to be impacted because of this no matter what - delaying music just makes zero sense

Petit nain des Îles and SpyKi like this.
  4. So if the vinyl isn’t releasing till June what does a May release make different than an April one?

5. socklord

Trusted

Not much aside from the vinyl being out a few weeks after release than a month and a half after.

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. I just don’t think the vinyl date has anything to do with this recent delay. It’s either because the album isn’t finished or covid-related

7. socklord

Trusted

That's fair and I'm willing to bet it's covid related

Drew Beringer likes this.
  8. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Jamie was playing the testing pressing like a week ago, it’s done. It was getting pushed back from April 24th before all this (they blamed vinyl, but at the time it really wasn’t done) and they wanted vinyl to be ready on release date. Now, it seems they’ve accepted under current circumstance that they have to release them separately.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  9. RyanRyan

As immature and shortsighted as it may sound, I don’t get why they can’t just drop it within a week or so if they know the vinyl ain’t gonna be ready for a while. I guess it’s to stop folk cancelling their preorders after they’ve listened a load after the release?

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Matty said on Reddit on February 27th that he “just finished” the record, which was right after he announced at one of the UK shows it was going to get delayed again. That lines up with the about three month turnaround to produce physical copies if the new date is 5/22.

11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I bet it’s not covid related. It’s Matty related lol

bobby_runs and heymattrick like this.
  12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

The 1975 were delaying release dates way before it was cool.

heymattrick and RyanRyan like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That’s what I was saying the whole time! People were getting so upset saying we don’t deserve it, and it’s done when it’s done etc. It was more just don’t hype everyone up, and make unrealistic release dates.

heymattrick likes this.
  14. Jusscali

They used to be cool and release cool ass eps just a few months a part. Too big for they britches now lol

Christopher Trang likes this.
  15. RyanRyan

Yeah that’s what bothers me. I don’t mind delays for the benefit of the product in the slightest, but when you give out a load of dates and contradicting statements so regularly that it’s become a meme within the fanbase then it’s just frustrating. I’d rather radio silence and impatient waiting than feeling as though I can never take anything they say seriously haha.

And then you come here and voice that and get told you’re unappreciative, don’t deserve the band, you clearly aren’t a fan etc. Daft. I’ve been listening to the band since the original EPs before the debut album, I’ve seen them countless times and even met Matty twice at gigs before they released that. I would sit watching every interview and live video of the debut album songs being played live. I’m not a fake fan because I get tired of having to take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I just don’t get sick of this band’s songs. People will have been out like a year when the album drops and I’m not even close to being tired of it.

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

matthew perpetua is a fucking idiot and a creep

18. RyanRyan

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

never mind who cares

20. RyanRyan

Jusscali likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The guy who wrote the tweets drew posted earlier

RyanRyan likes this.
  22. RyanRyan

Thanks for the clarification

Jusscali likes this.
  23. Sorry I didn’t know this

24. Anyways if this latest delay has something to do with the physical product then that’s just dumb

25. Jusscali

I loled so hard at that exchange fir some reason. Well done you weapons

Christopher Trang likes this.