Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 99

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Despite the environmental considerations I can’t imagine they don’t (at some point) put out a full MFC box set. I’ll hold off on a physical with this one until then

macbethfan and ramres like this.
  2. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Same. Just ordered one of those recycled shirts recently, but that's just too much for a vinyl that has the possibility of being damaged due to no shrink wrap. I get the reasoning, but for $50, I expect exceptional protection of the vinyl. If bands want to charge those amounts, they should do preorders like the new Foals album or heck even the Beggars repress got a nice booklet in it at a 7-inch for $30.

EDIT: Like astereo just mentioned, an MFC box set is something I would pay top dollar for.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

My record shop will get it and ill pay $35 at most for it no way am i doing that pre-order

4. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

5. ha! not a chance, 1975!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea no. Maybe if a US tour was announced for presale access to get up front but until then...

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I have a feeling it’s more expensive because it’s 22 songs. But I’m also very hesitant about ordering a 22-song album that just yesterday we found out only about 4 songs are actually completed from.

RyanRyan and Christopher Trang like this.
  8. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I was a little shocked to read that as well. They could all be written already, and just not recorded, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here since they have yet to let me down.

9. drewinseries

Drew

They have to be done recording, maybe not mix/master? Seems really weird to have all this rollout without the final takes being tracked.

10. bodkins

Trusted

They aren’t done recording

drewinseries likes this.
  11. drewinseries

Drew

Honestly that blows my mind

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

In order to reduce global footprint they aren't mixing or mastering it, and we're only getting demos. Also Matty doesn't sing on it to reduce CO2 emissions

13. Christopher Trang

Mike Stoklasa's Summary of Jurassic World

hahaha. This take made me laugh out loud.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Bryan Diem like this.
  14. Christopher Trang

Also, kinda waiting for them to do an African Child cover at this point.

mad and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  15. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

they definitely just do a fuck ton of post production, if it’s 22 songs then they must know what all those songs are lol

16. the doubt in this thread is exhausting lol

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

even if they had nothing written besides people i’d still believe they could release the album by february lol

18. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Ya drunk kid, gimme yo keys

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

African Child is a genuinely good song imo (if it had serious lyrics obviously lol)

Most of that soundtrack is

20. Christopher Trang

I Am Jesus is one of my favorite tracks.
    But, yeah. I will most likely be blown away by this album. It's been hit for hit so far. Just have to laugh a little while the world's melting.

21. Sybil

Regular

That gave me flashbacks to listening to the vampire musical song from that soundtrack hahah. Aw, my. I forgot about that.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

You are one movie off, but yes it's amazing forever and always

jordalsh likes this.
  23. ramres Sep 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2019)
    ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Edit: noticed the reply tweet isn't available anymore. Someone was asking if U.S. dates were coming soon.

24. Sybil

Regular

That's right! I forgot Aldas Snow is in both these movies haha.

Mr. Serotonin and irthesteve like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

YES this song is genuinely amazing

Mr. Serotonin likes this.