Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 78

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. RyanRyan

Love this and it’ll be on repeat for times but also need there to be a soul-crushing reflective number like Me in that collection of 22 SONGS I still can’t believe they’re doing 22 SONGS

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Holy shit I'm very late but I just heard People. Fucking amazing.
    Reminds me a lot of Kasabian. Is that Matty singing everything? I swear at one point it sounded exactly like Kasabian's singer too.

3. Sybil

Regular

This doesn't even sound remotely like the same band, except when he says "food, girls, gear....I dont like going outside, so bring me everything here".

I looooveee when band's do avant-garde things creatively, like this. This has got me insanely excited, and curious, what the rest of this album is going to sound like.

Is 22 tracks 100 percent confirmed? Oh my, the wait until February.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. RyanRyan

Yeah, that’s the listing on the Apple Music store. 22!

5. drummerAVA

Trusted

I’m cool with some rockier jams, but I’m really hoping we get more of that UK Garage, vibey, ethereal “EP” style, which I’d lump I Like America... into, just with the trappy elements...

More of How to Draw / Petrichor and ILAAALM...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I just want more new ground broken at this point

thenewmatthewperry and Aregala like this.
  7. RyanRyan

drummerAVA and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  8. Mary V and Bryan Diem like this.
  9. RyanRyan

All the metal. Doom. Death. Erm...yellow, grey, nü, ...

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  10. Sybil

Regular

Wow, we're in for a ride! So pumped for this album, I cant even.

RyanRyan likes this.
  11. Since y'all love The 1975-adjacent stuff, The Band CAMINO's new EP just dropped.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. drummerAVA

Trusted

I think you can definitely count on them to do that regardless... ha

13. This is actually a solid take. I'm a huge fan of Greta Thunberg, and I think the new intro is great, but if the band is trying to drive that message home they need the sonic urgency of songs like I Like America, Love It If We Made It and now People. Give me a climate change BANGER.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. Think some of y’all missed the point of the intro.

15. I understand and support the point but I think the casual listener may not necessarily be as receptive.

16. Jason Tate Aug 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 22, 2019)
    Then you missed the point imo. Its message isn’t about attracting any casual listener. It is the entire starting point and theme of an album, it’s about getting her message, specifically what she’s saying, out there.

17. moura

Regular

Boy, oh boy would this song be a TRIP as your morning alarm. *grooving to the drums* WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUP!!! *hits STOP* “I’M UP, MATTY... jesusfuckingchrist.:tear:

18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I’m sure this song will be an outlier on the record, but I do hope some more “rock” stuff will be on there

19. Omni Aug 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2019)
    Omni

Regular

The intro being followed by People works perfectly. I keep listening to them together. Knowing that this is how the album starts has me extremely hyped. This band rules.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

It’s like people forget that
    love me
    And
    Give yourself a try

Were the last two lead singles.

21. RyanRyan

I appreciate the message behind it but I know for sure I’ll be skipping the intro on this album, the same as I skip the Siri song.

22. Sybil

Regular

The siri song?

That just diminishes the art-form of the album, imo. But you do you, I understand that people consume art differently.

The track is there to provide a specific feeling, like using a specific color in a painting, on your journey through the album. I cant imagine just cutting that track out. It drips of atmosphere, meaning, and is beautiful.

It's one of the more experimental, poignant, tracks on the album too.

Idk, just chiming in to say, I love "The Man Who Married A Robot/Love Theme". It's very interesting, imo.

I love the new intro track they've shown from Notes and "People" also, so whatever that means. :upside:

23. RyanRyan

I get your take on it but at the end of the day I don’t think skipping a song is quite as serious an offence as ‘disrespecting the art form’ haha. I don’t like the song and it interrupts my enjoyment of the album. Feels really jarring to its flow, in my opinion.

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Agreed.

RyanRyan likes this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Guys I joked about skipping Tootime a bunch but I never actually did it, this is barbaric