Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 77

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah guys i know it sounds like every yelly band, i get it

2. prattsy

Regular

The Rapture and LCD are honest to god tied for my most important bands in my life. Before them I was an all-in 90s alt-rock guy. Matthew Good, Everclear, 3eb... and then I heard Olio and Daft Punk is Playing... in the same week and everything clicked. Was never the same after that

... this comment has me excited

3. RyanRyan

Gf hates it. We are no longer together. Jk, I’ve still only listened once but it was ~3:30 in the morning so once I wake up I’ll blast this and the new Microwave in the shower. All my favs getting more aggressive and I’m here for it

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

What kind of song could possibly come after this in the tracklist?

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This into Heads Cars Bending would be cool

6. brothemighty

Trusted

RIP all their non-distortion pedals

7. owenlongsworth

Regular

This new FIDLAR song is pretty good.

Christopher Trang likes this.
  8. Fidlar wish their lyrics could be this kind of clever weird.

9. henryviolence

This band and this song rule so fucking hard.

10. brothemighty

Trusted

For as influential this band has been at making the majority of 10's alternative acts sound like Britpop, I guess they've given up trying to be at the forefront of anything

Shame, I Like America and America Likes Me should've been the jumping off point. These guys keep looking for inspiration in the past

11. socklord

Trusted

I’m into this

12. I find this conclusion strange after the two tracks we’ve heard from this album.

AVanMill17, jorbjorb, moura and 6 others like this.
  13. brothemighty

Trusted

I mean, they could've pivoted to a tired genre AND put out a shitty song. Song is awesome for what it is. I could see how a tribute to anarcho-punk would seem especially fitting in modern times. The difference being that artists in that era were pioneering and refining an unprecedented sound

There, positivity

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve listened to this 10 times on repeat in the gym tonight, it is perfect

15. brothemighty

Trusted

The Greta Thunberg single is audacious, and I really respect it. It feels like they knew they wanted to use their platform to make a difference. In the end, I'm happy they promulgated the single most important message of our modern era to a minute group of humans who may have ignored it.

I didn't need to be convinced. I've listened to it once. Similarly, I've listened to the Siri song maybe three times. In contrast, something like Nice For What has undoubtedly had a greater overall net positive societal influence.

Put it in a club jam, guys. Plant and reinforce a message, don't beat people over the head with it. Very few people respond to religious youth group-style bait and switches.

16. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

All My Friends.

prattsy likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Never realized the phrasing for Sex is v reminiscent of this song

18. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

I think they've gone on record saying that that song influenced Sex so much and remains one of their all time favourite songs.

Even starts similarly in the "and this is how it starts" compared to "that's how it starts."

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

yeah....I could get into an album of this

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I get where you’re coming from. That said, given the messaging of the rollout so far, whether it be this song (the actual first single), the merch philosophy, and the interviews... well, there’s no reason to expect they won’t do that. It doesn’t feel like a one-off experiment for their intro track, it feels like a thesis statement.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Prediction: second single is a really weird, polarizing electronic tune. Third single is the poppiest thing they’ve ever done.

AVanMill17, bobby_runs, Omni and 4 others like this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly how I listened to it earlier haha

drummerAVA likes this.
  23. RyanRyan

Ye know too much

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  24. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Wow, they really just went ahead and made a banging Post-Punk tune huh?

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I can’t for their screamo album